The Team Trump account was later suspended as Twitter states it was being used to bypass Trump's suspension. Earlier in the week on Wednesday, the social media site had locked the president's account for 12 hours for violating its rules on Civic Integrity and Violent Threats.
Earlier in June 2020, Reddit had banned the subreddit "r/The_Donald forum", where almost 800,000 members had posted memes, videos and messages of support for US President Donald Trump. But in a detailed explanation posted on its blog Friday, the company said recent Trump tweets amounted to glorification of violence when read in the context of the Capitol riot and plans circulating online for future armed protests around the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
Following his suspension, Trump dropped what might be his last message via the official POTUS account, one that will soon be handed over to Joe Biden, saying that Twitter is blocking the promotion of free speech.
BJP leaders expressed concern on Saturday over the permanent suspension of US President Donald Trump's Twitter account by the social media giant, saying it sets a risky precedent and is a wake-up call for democracies about the threat from unregulated big tech companies.
Altogether, the majority of Americans who said they want Trump to leave office before his term ends includes about nine out of every ten Democrats polled but just two in ten Republicans.
The president went on to say he had predicted his words would be censored. An attempt to use the @TeamTrump account to rant to his followers was also swatted down, with the account nearly immediately suspended.
At the time, Twitter warned that future use of the account to issue tweets that break Twitter's rules would lead to a permanent account suspension.
In a 2017 interview on Fox Business, Trump said "I doubt I would be here if it weren't for social media, to be honest with you", according to a transcript released by the network.
The president's son, Donald Trump Jr, likened the Twitter's move to George Orwell's "1984".
It comes after Mark Zuckerberg announced that Trump would be banned from Facebook and Instagram "indefinitely".
- When Canada plays Russian Federation , it's always good to the last drop
- Trump Heard On Tape Urging State Official To ‘Find’ Votes For Him
- Brisbane locks down after variant virus confirmed
- Lizzo Fans Are Really Upset Over Harry Styles, Olivia Wilde Dating Rumors
- Amir to attend GCC Summit in Saudi on Tuesday
- SoHo Karen snaps at Gayle King in heated interview
- NFL Playoffs: All the First Round Matchups
- Twitter hides Iranian leader’s conspiracy post about UK and US vaccines
- Read the transcript: President Trump on Georgia election results
- Xiaomi Stops Roll-Out Of Mi A3 Devices After Users' Complaints