A nationwide lockdown, empty streets, surging COVID-19 infections and hospitals at full capacity, the crisis facing the United Kingdom this winter is familiar, but the numbers are worrying.
The ministry does not specify if this case, which tested positive during routine testing on their first day in isolation, is of the new strain of Covid-19 rapidly spreading across the UK.
The website counts people as recovered based on one of two conditions: It's been 32 days since the person was hospitalized for covid-19 and not deceased; or, if they were not hospitalized, 14 days since they tested positive.
Neighboring Lackawanna County has 10,100 cases and 281 deaths; Monroe County has 6,983 cases and 214 deaths.
The majority of those deceased were from Bernalillo, Chaves and McKinley counties and ranged in age from their 50s to their 80s.
Another 599 lab-confirmed cases were reported in B.C., as well as 18 more deaths.
"This rise in reported COVID-19 cases is due in part to a decrease in testing and a less consistent reporting schedule over the holidays", Frye said.
The province also updated vaccination numbers on Saturday saying that 42,333 people have now received a dose, up 4,647 from Friday.
End of December, Canada announced the registration of the first mutated COVID-19 infection from the UK.
Calgary Zone recorded an increase of 336 more cases bringing that zone's total to 42,614.
Of the new cases, 625 are confirmed, while 224 are listed as probable. The country's total number of cases to date is 1866.
Throughout December, the county had amassed 25,405 new cases. Pierce County has 28,743 cases.
All counties in Washington have cases.
The ministry said three of Monday's four cases were part of the group of worldwide mariners who had tested positive for the virus while in quarantine in Christchurch.
More than 1.9 million people have died from the disease worldwide.
- The last time Manchester United met Watford in the FA Cup
- 140,000 jobs lost in US in December 2020
- Pochettino emotional message to Tottenham during PSG unveiling
- Covid-19: Three cases of SA variant detected in Ireland
- Georgia's GOP governor under fire after US Senate losses
- Harry and Meghan 'quit social media for good', according to source
- Lee Health sees increase in calls about COVID-19 vaccine
- Amid short supplies, vaccine doses can be 6 weeks apart
- Read the transcript: President Trump on Georgia election results
- South Africa Secures Covid-19 Vaccines