LG Display, the world's top large OLED panel maker, unveiled a 77-inch OLED TV display with newly developed organic material at the all-digital Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2021 that will run until Thursday. One thing I am curious about is Stadia's life expectancy. For television applications, this isn't as big of an issue unless the TV is displaying something like a ticker from a major news network eight hours or more a day, every day, for months.
For some reason, Stadia support will be added shortly after the retail launch of LG's NanoCell, OLED, and QNED TVs, but once the Stadia update is available on webOS, users will be able to play games through Stadia on their new LG TVs.
As for new TVs, LG wowed with a strong line-up of new OLED TVs.
The newest addition to LG's popular series of high-end UltraFine monitors features an OLED display that covers 99 percent of the DCI-P3 color space and 99 percent of the Adobe RGB color space.
LG's OLED line up for 2021.
We're still waiting for prices but those on a tighter budget will likely be drawn to the new QNED models, which sit above the standard NanoCell LCD TVs and utilise MiniLED technology. That means support for both Free Sync and G-Sync variable refresh rates, HDMI 2.1 on all four HDMI ports, and a new Game Optimizer mode which LG claims drops the response time of the TV down to a near unheard of 1 ms.
Though you can sideload the Stadia app on Android TV devices and on the new Chromecast with Google TV and things work just fine.
The company also announced a redesign of the webOS home screen, which will make it easier for users to find "the content you want to watch", Alessi said.
LG seems to believe that the risk of burn-in is either mitigated with this latest display or that risk will be worth it to professionals (at whom this monitor is clearly aimed). Stay tuned for later in the year when we hopefully get a chance to check out all these new sets in person.
- Lee Health sees increase in calls about COVID-19 vaccine
- The last time Manchester United met Watford in the FA Cup
- Anushka and Virat blessed with a baby girl
- Cop injured in US Capitol riot dies, toll 5
- President went 'ballistic' over Twitter ban as dozens charged over Capitol riot
- OnePlus Band with AMOLED display, 2 weeks battery life goes official
- Move on to Signal now, says Paytm founder amid WhatsApp privacy row
- 140,000 jobs lost in US in December 2020
- Nintendo eShop Down, Seemingly Due to Monster Hunter Rise Demo Demand
- Harry and Meghan 'quit social media for good', according to source