The Turnberry course in Ayrshire, Scotland is owned by the USA president.
After the deadly violence at the U.S. Capitol last week, Democrats and many Republicans have placed blame on Trump, claiming that his rhetoric about a "stolen election" incited the violence.
The Bedminster announcement was made on May, 1, 2014, under a different PGA of America regime, then led by CEO Pete Bevacqua, who has since left the organization to become president of NBC Sports.
The PGA of America is made up of almost 29,000 golf professionals.
In 2016, the PGA Tour announced it was moving the 2017 World Golf Championship to Mexico from its home at Trump's famed Doral course in Miami.
The Trump Organization said in a statement it has "a lovely partnership with the PGA of America and are incredibly disappointed with their decision".
A golf course owned by Donald Trump will not stage the British Open for "the forseeable future", the chief executive of a worldwide golf governing body said. Our feeling was given the tragic events of Wednesday that we could no longer hold it at Bedminster.
Off the back of that news, the R&A was quick to confirm that Trump Turnberry will still not be considered to host The Open anytime soon. In 2015, the Grand Slam of Golf was scheduled to be held at Trump National in Los Angeles, but it was cancelled after Trump - who at the time was a presidential candidate - made controversial comments about Mexigan immigrants.
"We're not being forced into a decision", Waugh said. The damage could have been irreparable. The PGA of America now has 16 months to select a new site and begin addressing all of the logistics that normally take up to two years to plan and execute. This year's championship is at South Carolina's Kiawah Island in May.
Slumbers said he believed President Trump had been "good for golf" in terms of the renovation of a number of his courses and that he would accept an invite to play golf with him, as the likes of Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy have done. "We think we'll have a bunch of options".
- Google Blacklists Parler App from Play Store
- Harry and Meghan 'quit social media for good', according to source
- Pakistan hit by massive power outage, restoration efforts underway, minister says
- NFL Playoffs: All the First Round Matchups
- Anushka and Virat blessed with a baby girl
- Dirt cheap Samsung Galaxy A02s is headed to the US
- Ford warns of "scary" new COVID-19 numbers, threatens tighter restrictions
- 16 nabbed in anti-lockdown protests in south London: UK media
- OnePlus Band with AMOLED display, 2 weeks battery life goes official
- Move on to Signal now, says Paytm founder amid WhatsApp privacy row