Head of the Jubeiha Comprehensive Medical Centre Ahmad Ghreiz said that vaccination at the centre will begin on Wednesday, following a specific protocol which includes checking the recipients' data and their medical history at first, giving them shots and then keeping them under surveillance for half an hour to ensure absence of side effects. Covid-19 has killed more than 374,000 people in the USA since March.
India has recently approved two COVID-19 vaccines - Oxford's Covishield, manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII) in the country, and Bharat Biotech's Covaxin - for restricted emergency use.
Talking about the COVID-19 situation in India, Modi said the country is in a much better place than many others in terms of the pandemic " s spread, and added that this is a matter of happiness but should not induce carelessness.
On Friday, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced a deal to reserve up to 300 million more vials of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, bringing the bloc's order to 600 million, all to be divided between the 27 member nations according to population size.
During transport, the vaccine must be stored at a temperature of 2 C to 8 C. Airlines are working with vaccine makers, airports and ground transport companies to make sure the supply chain functions properly.
On Sunday, he confirmed seven more vaccination sites have opened in partnership with places of worship.
Almost 9 million Americans had been given their first Covid-19 vaccination dose as of Monday, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said, as states scrambled to step up inoculations that have yet to slow the roaring pandemic. Bhushan said all doses of the two vaccines will be distributed nationwide by Thursday. Nearly eight million doses will arrive in France by the summer.
"The No. 1 priority is getting vaccines in people's arms as rapidly as we can", Biden said.
"The rollout of the vaccination program so far, including Phase 1A for health care workers, has been incredibly smooth and is going very well", said Dr. David Pitcher, UNM Health System executive physician.
At almost 10.5 million, India has the world's second highest number of novel coronavirus infections behind the United States, although its rate of increase in cases has been slowing.
- India lodge complaint of racial abuse against Siraj, Bumrah at SCG
- Ford warns of "scary" new COVID-19 numbers, threatens tighter restrictions
- President went 'ballistic' over Twitter ban as dozens charged over Capitol riot
- Kamala Harris predicted exactly why Twitter should suspend Trump two years ago
- Covid-19: Three cases of SA variant detected in Ireland
- Google Blacklists Parler App from Play Store
- PGA Championship moved from Donald Trump’s course
- Japan declares emergency as COVID-19 cases surge
- Cop injured in US Capitol riot dies, toll 5
- Anushka and Virat blessed with a baby girl