"Congressman LaTurner is following the advice of the House physician and CDC guidelines and, therefore, does not plan to return to the House floor for votes until he is cleared to do so", Braden Dreiling, LaTurner's chief of staff, told The Star.
CNN identified the Republicans in the safe room who refused masks as Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Oklahoma Rep. Markwayne Mullin, Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, Pennsylvania Rep. Scott Perry, Texas Rep. Michael Cloud and California Rep. Doug LaMalfa. Dr. Brian P. Monahan advised anyone who was involved in the Capitol events to get a COVID-19 test and self-monitor for symptoms.
Two US lawmakers, including Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, implicitly accused far right Republicans and their extremist MAGA mob of spreading coronavirus after they (the lawmakers) tested positive for Covid-19 following a forced lockdown during the assault on the US Capitol.
While it's not certain where and when lawmakers caught the illness, the Capitol's attending physician notified all House lawmakers of possible virus exposure and urged them to be tested. Mo Brooks (Ala.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), and Matt Gaetz (Fla.) also refused to mask up. About half of the people in the room are not wearing masks. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich., and Anthony Brown, D-Md., introduced legislation that would impose a $1,000 fine on any member of Congress refusing to wear a mask on Capitol grounds during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Soon after, US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus, along with numerous other senior government officials. "So, yeah, we're going to see chains of transmission come out of that kind of a gathering, for sure".
On Friday Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), had warned that Wednesday's rioting would probably have significant health consequences.
Public health experts have expressed concerns that the riot itself could become a super spreader event whose impact will be felt around the country.
- Kamala Harris predicted exactly why Twitter should suspend Trump two years ago
- Indonesian `Sriwijaya Air` plane `SJ182` loses contact after taking off from Jakarta
- Pakistan hit by massive power outage, restoration efforts underway, minister says
- India lodge complaint of racial abuse against Siraj, Bumrah at SCG
- The last time Manchester United met Watford in the FA Cup
- Jeffree Star Offers A Serious Response To Those Kanye West Affair Rumors
- OnePlus Band with AMOLED display, 2 weeks battery life goes official
- Taylor Heinicke Set Twitter on Fire With Touchdown Scramble
- Move on to Signal now, says Paytm founder amid WhatsApp privacy row
- Cricket Australia probes India player racism claims