Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men showed the spirit of champions to edge out Burnley at Turf Moor with Paul Pogba scoring a second-half victor to send United three points clear of Liverpool ahead of Sunday's crucial clash at Anfield.
United looked to counter-attack but despite fielding quality players such as Spanish playmaker Juan Mata and Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek, lone striker Mason Greenwood was given precious little to work with up front.
In that respect, there is no denying this could be a pivotal week for United in the wider shake-up of things but, even if it yields two big results, there were wise, cautionary words from Solskjaer, who warned his squad that they would asking for trouble if they were lulled into thinking they had "cracked it".
"What a brilliant position to be in", said Solskjaer. "He is a good character in the dressing room, he is always one the lads look to (because) he's a world champion".
"We know the situation that society is facing in this country, we are all very aware of it", said Warburton at a pre-match press conference on Tuesday.
Have something to tell us about this article?
Key players in United's side were given the opportunity to have a much needed rest this weekend with important games in the league fast approaching.
United not only head to Burnley sitting pretty in the standings but boasting an enviable number of options. It does take a deflection but I can see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer there, he won't care one bit about that as his side go 1-0 ahead.
'It could easily turn the other way in three of four weeks time but like I said it's not going to stop United fans getting carried away because why shouldn't they?
"But he's ready to go, he gives us a different option".
Britain is back under national lockdown with infection rates soaring due to a new highly infectious strain of the virus.
But with Palace in FA Cup action on Friday night, losing 1-0 at Wolves, Eze then took the opportunity to watch former club QPR in action on the Saturday as they lost 2-0 to Fulham in the same competition.
"I do not think it's a concussion, hopefully a muscle injury and we will have to check it tomorrow".
"We adapted really well to the characteristics of the players we had", said Ancelotti.
- Nicki Minaj pays Tracy Chapman US$450k after sampling song without permission
- Nintendo eShop Down, Seemingly Due to Monster Hunter Rise Demo Demand
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Brisbane records no new cases, lockdown to lift
- PGA Championship moved from Donald Trump’s course
- Amazon joins Apple, Google in blocking Parler social app
- Move on to Signal now, says Paytm founder amid WhatsApp privacy row
- India lodge complaint of racial abuse against Siraj, Bumrah at SCG
- The last time Manchester United met Watford in the FA Cup
- OnePlus Band with AMOLED display, 2 weeks battery life goes official
- 140,000 jobs lost in US in December 2020