The advent of a new platform for the game also means cross-platform play and cross progression has been introduced, meaning MLB The Show 21 players can carry progression between both PlayStation and Xbox platforms, as well as play multiplayer with all players on both console families.
This isn't the first time anerdydad has leaked video game news, as you can see below, they have leaked the cover athlete for National Basketball Association 2K21 and Kobe's involvement with the game. The leaked art shows the game releasing on PS5, as well as on Microsoft's previous-generation gaming console Xbox One.
If confirmed true, it would be a first for the game, which has been exclusively running on Sony's gaming consoles for the past 15 years.
Sony's Major League Baseball sim franchise is heading to Xbox consoles with full crossplay support.
This is the first entry in the MLB The Show series that will release on Microsoft's home consoles, but Sony isn't just offering the game on the Xbox for the first time. Earlier Monday, Nintendo announced its Switch console has now hit nearly 80 million units sold since 2017, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons selling 31 million copies in 2020.
What's Next for Sports Gaming?Each premiere will show off new features being added to this year's version of the game.
This is massive for the community at large, who will no longer be gated by their console of choice.
The game is also expanding in scope.
- Serum Institute applies for trials of another COVID-19 vaccine
- EPL: Man Utd afraid of challenging for the title - Roy Keane
- Pakistan secures 17m doses of AstraZeneca vaccine through COVAX
- Coronavirus Testing in China is Getting More Uncomfortable
- Should you double up on your face masks? Experts weigh in
- Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine shown to be effective against COVID-19
- WhatsApp uses 'status' function to assure privacy promise
- New York City Schools All Remote Monday Due To Nor'easter
- Motorola demos wireless charging tech that can power devices 100cm away
- Apple developers will have to request permission for tracking devices | right Now