Unlike Whatsapp where deleting messages is up to the particular user, Telegram allows you to delete messages in a chat or Group and leave no digital footprint. On iOS the feature arrived with version 7.4, released yesterday and spotted by 9to5Mac. At the moment, Telegram has not spoken of a similar option for Android users. The messaging platform also clarifies that importing chat histories will not consume more storage because Telegram will use the same data that older apps had already stored before the chat history was imported.
"One thing that isn't new is our commitment to your privacy", says one of the status updates, while another reads, "WhatsApp can't read or listen to your personal conversations as they're end-to-end encrypted".
It's important to remember that once you've done this, imported chat histories will no longer be protected by WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption protocol. You have to decide on a chat in the application in which you want to import your dialogue background.
The new chat import tool doesn't work only for WhatsApp but also other messaging services like Line and KakaoTalk.
Select Telegram from the provided options to import the conversation. The process would take a couple of minutes, depending upon the size of the entire WhatsApp chat. On Android devices, inside the WhatsApp chat, you need to click on the "Three Dots Icon More Export Chat" and then select Telegram from the Share menu. To import a conversation from Facebook's messenger on iOS, open the pertinent discussion, and tap the group or contact name from the top point of the chat to open its information screen. Both these companies subsequently received a sharp increase in users, with Telegram growing by 25 million users in 72 hours, bringing its community to a cumulative 500 million.
Due to the recent worldwide backlash of WhatsApp over their new privacy policies. From there, the "Export Chat" option opens the iOS Share Sheet, where you'll see the option to select Telegram.
Telegram isn't the only one courting ex-WhatsAppers with the lure of fancy features and updates.
It is possible to disable cloud backups and opt to manually back up your WhatsApp data.
- Barack Obama, Michelle Obama mourn death of actress Cicely Tyson
- Some Trudeau Airport travelers still heading to sunny destinations, despite cancelled flights
- European Union authorizes AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID-19 vaccine
- Maryland confirms case of Covid-19 variant from South Africa
- Canada announces strict quarantine rules for travelers
- Auto windscreens shattered as blast targets Israeli embassy in New Delhi
- Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine shown to be effective against COVID-19
- Coronavirus Testing in China is Getting More Uncomfortable
- Province to fast-track COVID-19 testing orders at airports, border crossings
- Trump left alone before impeachment trial