British media suggested this week he may return in April.
"In the moment, I don't know where these things are coming from - nobody really, no doctor, nobody really told me there's a chance for Virgil to play in this season again", he said. "Now it's all about the players to use the chance". Ben did that as well and now it is a big opportunity for both sides.
Liverpool have been plagued with injuries so far this season and are without a recognised centre-half.
Fabinho was absent due to a "minor fitness issue" and is ruled out of today's game.
On Monday, Bauer took to Twitter to admit that he is "sad" to see Davies go, adding that it has been a complete pleasure to play alongside Davies at Preston as he offered an emotional farewell to the defender. "It is not flawless. If he is on the list it is only because we hope for a miracle - that is it". It's work under pressure.
Liverpool chasing deadline day deal for Schalke's Ozan Kabak
Ozan Kabak, a 20-year-old Turkey worldwide, was identified by Liverpool as a stop-gap measure for the second half of the season. He's a really competitive player who is used to playing a lot of games.
"We'll have to be patient with him", Brighton manager Graham Potter said, "let him settle in and adapt to a new country and a new league".
"Our situation is really unusual".
At 23, Brighton's Ben White has become one of the most highly rated young centre-backs in England.
It is also believed there is a sell-on clause for Preston if Liverpool make any profit on a future deal for Davies.
Kostas Tsimikas could be an unexpected casualty of new Liverpool signing Ben Davies.
Birmingham signed teenage forward Keyendrah Simmonds from Manchester City, while Blackburn signed left-back Harry Pickering from Crewe for an undisclosed fee. They now sit in third place, four points behind Manchester City in the race for the title - though their rivals do possess a game in hand.
He said: "They have a clear idea, good players in the right positions". Especially impressive was his performance in the 1-0 win away at Elland Road (ironically) a few weeks ago, in which he delivered a mature display; picking up loose balls, intercepting potential danger and distributing efficiently.
- Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine shown to be effective against COVID-19
- ‘Trump worst’ banner flies near his resort
- Arsenal vs. Manchester United - Football Match Report
- Hotel in Mogadishu Attacked by al-Shabaab, At Least 9 Dead
- Joe Biden signs climate directives, announces April summit
- New York City Schools All Remote Monday Due To Nor'easter
- Apple developers will have to request permission for tracking devices | right Now
- Kylie Jenner's Face Transformation Over The Years Shocks KUWTK Fans
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Trials Underway In Texas
- Major winter storm pummels Northeast, closing schools and vaccination sites