The crime occurred on January 21 and on Monday (1) the police posted on Twitter to report the artist's arrest.
Rapper Silento is facing murder charges for allegedly gunning down his cousin Frederick Rooks. An officer attending the scene detailed that he "felt a possible faint pulse" though by time emergency medical services arrived, Rooks was pronounced dead. At the time, the body remained unidentified with DeKalb police believing the victim was tied to the location.
Representatives for Silento have not responded to requests for a comment about the murder charge. The success of "Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)" inked a deal with Capitol Records, but he didn't go the homeschooling route afterwards.
Police said they now working on determining the motive for the killing of Frederick Rooks. The rapper had faced "two counts of assault with a lethal weapon with allegations of using a hatchet as a deadly and risky weapon", the report adds. He was arrested twice within two days in August 2020.
He's been releasing music ever since - and his most recent release, Swish, was released on 28 January 2021.
- Liverpool sign defender Ben Davies from Preston North End
- Trump names 2 attorneys to lead impeachment defense
- Maryland confirms case of Covid-19 variant from South Africa
- Myanmar police file charges against Aung San Suu Kyi
- ‘Trump worst’ banner flies near his resort
- Trump names new impeachment team lawyers
- AOC reveals she is a survivor of sexual assault
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Tottenham Hotspur - Football Match Report
- Aerobics instructor teaches class as Myanmar coup 'unfolds behind her'
- Megan Fox's massive ring sparks speculation she's engaged to Machine Gun Kelly