The National Command and Operations Centre (NCOC) chief Asad Umar announced on Monday that the vaccination registration for citizens aged 65 and above had now begun in Pakistan.
"Given the expected gradual increase in Ontario's vaccine supply, the next target groups within the Phase One priority populations have been identified for vaccination", the memo read.
Ongoing vaccine shipment delays forced the province to concentrate its inoculation efforts on long-term care residents in recent weeks.
The decision threatens to derail the country's vaccination plans, which had called for healthcare workers and the elderly to be among the first to receive vaccinations starting on Feb 26.
Vaccines from European Union countries may be purchased or donated to Georgia.
Researchers say that Е484К makes the virus more immune to antibodies.
Slavitt and Osterholm centered their projections around the variant strain first detected in the United Kingdom, 1,173 total cases now reported across 40 states in the USA, and its impact on the U.S.in the coming weeks.
"Seven cases of AEFI (adverse events following immunisation) was reported", he said.
Most Covid-19 cases, even those caused by the new variant, are not fatal.
"Unfortunately we can't predict the future and we know that this virus has been nothing but full of surprises for us since its come and I think there are more surprises to come", Slavitt told MSNBC. Scientists have also expressed concern that the variant could be developing a mutation that would help it evade vaccines.
The county has averaged about 20 new cases per day over the last 14 days, according to a 14-day moving average graph updated weekdays by the health department.
"There will be a number of smaller practices where it is logistically not practical, or possible to deliver vaccines to these surgeries so they will go to a hub type arrangement where there will be Global Positioning System and practice nurses giving it", he said.
The KDCA reported 457 additional coronavirus cases as of midnight on Monday, as the daily tally rebounds to the 400s in four days amid increased testing following last week's Lunar New Year holidays.
- Biden is right to go big on COVID-19 relief
- United Kingdom administers 15 million vaccine doses
- Poll Shows Nearly 60% in US Believe Senate Should Have Convicted Trump
- House Republicans opt not to punish Greene, vote to keep Cheney
- NWS issues Winter Storm Warning for Ohio County
- Sen. Tuberville doubles down on Pence evacuation story after Trump impeachment vote
- Apple pulls update that supports iCloud Keychain on Windows 10
- Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny jailed, declares Putin 'the Underwear Poisoner'
- Pelosi: Independent panel will probe Capitol riot
- Rapper Silento Arrested For Murdering His Cousin Frederick Rooks