As of Friday's update, B.C. now has 72 cases of these "variants of concern".
A further three people have died after contracting coronavirus in Northern Ireland, the Department of Health has confirmed.
In contrast, the number of hospitalized cases continues to decrease.
Fifty-four percent of the cases involve women.
Deputy provincial health officer Dr. Réka Gustafson.
This brings the total cases to 949,695 and total deaths to 16,693. The first case of the B.1.1.7. variant was reported in Manitoba on February 9.
"This is very good news, because with every individual that is protected by vaccination, we are all safer", Gustafson said.
Of the roughly 253,000 people who've had a coronavirus test in the seven days ending February 18, 6.5% were positive.
508 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C., 25 in Northern Health
Dr Glynn outlined that anyone who has recently travelled from Brazil, or any of the other 19 countries designated by the Minister of Health as Category 2, is required by law to quarantine at home for 14 days. No new cases have been reported since January 31 and a total of 97 cases (which have all recovered) have been confirmed.
Epidemiologist Cynthia Carr said Friday the extended isolation is an important measure to do first.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 26 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
Statewide, 23,570 total deaths have been tied to the virus, and 911,591 people have contracted COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic about a year ago. Atwal said one death - a man in his 70s from the Interlake-Eastern region which was announced in December - was removed from the total as further investigation revealed it was not linked to COVID-19.
All of the cases identified are directly associated with recent travel from Brazil, according to the Department of Health.
The third store was Shoppers Drug Mart (288 East Columbia Street) in New Westminster, where an employee who tested positive last worked on February 15.
Of the new cases, 59 or more than half are from the Northern health region with 31 coming from Winnipeg.
- Democrats introduce Biden immigration plan in Congress, promising ‘bold’ changes
- Power outages linger for millions as another icy storm looms
- Covid-19: Johnson & Johnson submits emergency use listing to World Health Organization for vaccine
- Joe Biden holds first town hall forum of his presidency
- Coronavirus: 33 additional deaths, 744 new cases in Ireland
- Ted Cruz returns to freezing Texas from Cancun after outcry
- Log Cabin Republicans thank Donald Trump for 'standing up for family'
- Province Confirms 1038 New Cases of COVID-19 This Morning
- Barry County GOP censures Rep. Peter Meijer over impeachment vote
- Andrew Cuomo Reportedly Being Investigated Over Nursing Home Scandal