Want the latest Power of 5 weather team updates wherever you go? These storms will not be severe, but heavy rain and gusty winds are likely. This will allow the ground and waterways time to absorb and filter water from earlier heavy rains. The National Weather Service will send out mock/fake warnings across the NOAA weather radio. There is a small chance for a few storms to produce an isolated tornado as well. One of the many tools they use to keep you informed of impending severe weather is the Storm Prediction Center's Convective Outlooks.
The areas in dark green have a marginal risk (Level 1) for severe weather today. A few embedded t'storms are possible overnight.
Lows tonight will run in the 50s with strong southeast to south-southeast winds 15-33 miles per hour.
Some of those same spots had up to 7 inches of rain last week, so it won't take much to cause flooding in some areas.
If you can not be tuned to tv/radio/phone during severe weather season, a NOAA weather radio is a great way to get watches/warnings/advisories.
Widespread severe weather likely once again Thursday
PHOTO: By Thursday, this storm system will move east into Tennessee River Valley and the Deep South, with significant tornado threat from Memphis, Tennessee, to Birmingham, Alabama, and down to Jackson, Mississippi.
A cold front to our west has showers in front of it into Northern Mississippi.
The models will have to come into closer agreement for forecast confidence to rise.
Here are the earliest arrival times for severe storms tomorrow afternoon and evening.
"The ingredients will combine on Thursday for another severe weather outbreak in the South", said CNN meteorologist Chad Myers.
- Colorado shooting: US President Joe Biden calls for gun control
- COVID-19 in B.C
- Dutch summon Chinese ambassador after MP sanctioned
- Putin replies to Biden ‘killer’ comment: ‘Takes one to know one’
- European Union moves toward stricter export controls for COVID vaccines
- European trust in AstraZeneca vaccine falls, opinion poll says
- France announces soft new virus restrictions in Paris region
- Joe Biden trips twice going up the steps to Air Force One
- Protesters march against anti-Asian racism in US
- U.S. and China trade angry words at high-level Alaska talks