The company is already testing the shots in children aged 12 to 15, and its USA emergency authorization covers people aged 16 and up.
Only the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is being used in 16- and 17-year-olds in the United States.
Officials did not state which counties were seeing a low demand for the vaccine. "And we know from prior surges that if we don't control things now, there is a real potential for the epidemic curve to soar again", she said in a briefing.
"We can not move forward if our metrics are going backward".
The BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine is now being tested on children between the ages of 12 and 15 in both the United States and Europe, with data from that trial anticipated in the coming weeks.
The federal government is projecting that IL will receive almost 1 million doses next week for distribution - an all-time high. "Now, it's time to get as many Minnesotans vaccinated as quickly as possible to end this pandemic".
More doses than normal will be allocated to counties that are experiencing high demand where at-risk residents face long waits for appointments. The next phase of vaccination will commence from April 1. Appointments will be coordinated by the local health department. We have seen cases and hospital admissions move from historic declines to stagnations to increases.
Gavi said countries should follow the COVID-19 National Deployment Vaccination Plan they had submitted, and any departure from it will be investigated.
College students vaccinated with Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine, will be part of a new study to test its effectiveness in curbing the spread of the virus, the COVID-19 Prevention Network said on Friday.
The government directed everyone above 45 years to take the first jab of the COVID vaccine without hesitation.
- Police responding to active shooter at Colorado supermarket
- Joe Biden trips twice going up the steps to Air Force One
- European trust in AstraZeneca vaccine falls, opinion poll says
- COVID-19 in B.C
- Three million vaccine doses given for two straight days
- COVID: EU leaders agree to up vaccine production in bloc
- Ontario ICU capacity reaching critical level because of COVID-19: OHA
- Suez Canal blockage could affect United Kingdom auto deliveries
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To "Senseless Violence" Against Asian American Community
- Nike, Adidas join brands feeling Chinese social media heat over Xinjiang