Some 96% of these active cases exhibit mild symptoms, while 2.3% have no symptoms, 0.6% are critical cases, 0.7% are severe, and 0.39% are moderate. New Mexico's seven-day case average is now 188, according to a Journal analysis.
Health officials said that pause presents an opportunity to use those doses to protect people with higher COVID-19 risks sooner.
Although the local health department didn't receive any additional vaccine doses this week, Emergency Services Director Mike Jones said during Tuesday's commissioners court meeting that the county held a clinic at Wimberley First Baptist Church on Tuesday and will also administer doses at that location on Wednesday.
A staggering 1,013 COVID-19 cases have been recorded in the province Wednesday, setting a new record for the daily case count.
There have now been 18,609 coronavirus-related deaths across the state; no new deaths were reported today as the state changes the frequency in which mortality is reported.
On Monday, the province implemented sweeping restrictions for a three-week "circuit breaker" as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow at an alarming pace.
However, since Feb, 1, eight people with vaccine breakthrough have been hospitalized and officials are investigating potential vaccine breakthrough cases in which two people died, officials said.
There are 7,405 active cases but of those infections, 301 people are now in hospital, with 80 patients in intensive care. The death toll, on the other hand, rose to 13,191 with five new fatalities, including one earlier tagged as a survivor. The number of new hospitalizations and ICU admissions are higher than the 21-day average. COVID-positive patients account for 3.57%, leaving 30.08% of beds now available.
In the last seven days, the city of Jackson has been most affected by the COVID-19 surge throughout Jackson County. At least 5,865 people have recovered, but sadly 108 members of our community have lost their lives to this deadly virus. So far, more than 16% of the Evergreen State's population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins data. Increasing by zero since the county last updated, according to the WDH. These charts are regularly updated with new data and may not reflect the statistics in the text of this story at the time it was published.
- Suez Canal ship 'now moving,' owner and officials say
- Efforts to move megaship blocking Suez Canal continue
- NY state poised to legalize possession, sale of cannabis
- A 3rd National Lockdown Seems Likely in France as Hospitals Are Overwhelmed
- CDC Director Warns of 'Impending Doom' as Covid Cases Rise Across US
- Ship partially refloated, but still stuck in Suez Canal to block traffic
- Jury in George Floyd murder trial shown harrowing video of his death
- Video shows Asian American woman assaulted on New York City street
- Myanmar protests: Death toll passes 500
- Suspected bomb blast at Indonesia church causes casualties