"We are encouraged by the strong response", said Dr Janil, adding that those who have registered for their vaccinations will progressively receive invitations through SMS to make appointments. "However, universal vaccination of already registered HCWs and FLWs should be ensured at the earliest", the Health Secretary stated in the letter. Vaccination of FLWs started from February 2. Besides, 1123851 and 78012 beneficiaries aged above 45 have been given the first and second dose on April 3. This was the biggest single-day jump in six months, according to PTI.
The number of vaccination centres has been expanded to 31 today, and there will be a total of 40 vaccination centres islandwide by mid-April, he said.
Italians, however, are upset over the country's stumbling vaccination campaign, which despite having promised to prioritize older people has left many of Italy's eldest, most vulnerable people behind while teachers, police officers and other professional workers get their jabs. Close to 100 NGOs and social organisations also mobilised their teams to raise awareness, manage sites and the crowd. At least at least 20 lakh signed up for the vaccination on the first day, reported News18.
Additionally, in most patients, a longer period of time (latency) between vaccination and delivery was associated with a more effective transfer of Covid antibodies to the newborn baby.
"Both of these revisions positively impact the supply of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, which will help provide more vaccine doses to communities and allow shots to get into arms more quickly", Peter Marks, director of FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said.
He pointed out that the number of deaths were increasing, including in the younger age groups, and this was causing anxiety among volunteer groups. In the first phase, healthcare workers were administered the vaccine.
- NY state poised to legalize possession, sale of cannabis
- Us Pres. Biden: No Federal tax increase to anyone making below $400k
- Video shows Asian American woman assaulted on New York City street
- Possible new Ontario restrictions coming, Ford says
- Four reported dead, two wounded in mass shooting south of Los Angeles
- Baseball's All-Star Game moved from Atlanta over voting laws
- Biden Releases Statement on Capitol Attack: Jill and I are 'Heartbroken'
- Germany to restrict AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines to over-60s
- A 3rd National Lockdown Seems Likely in France as Hospitals Are Overwhelmed
- NSW records no new COVID cases