NY fielded multiple calls from teams interested in Porzingis, according to ESPN's Ian Begley. With Carmelo and CP3, along with the 8th selection in this draft and future star Kristaps Porzingis, the Knicks could have contended in the East, but that possibility just didn't pan out.
Communication between the two sides has been cut off since Porzingis skipped his exit meeting. What's one player that can really close the gap between the Celtics and the Cavaliers: Kristaps Porzingis.
"Despite how the Knicks are treating their players, Kris wants to stay in NY", said Janis Porzingis, who works as an agent for Andy Miller's company.
However, it is a good barometer of what is important to sports fans in the city.
Porzingis, 21, was originally taken with the fourth overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft out of CB Sevilla of the Spanish league. According to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, Chris Paul could have ended up as Knick this summer.
Porzingis averaged 18.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game last season.
The Knicks hold Porzingis' rights for at least two more seasons.
"Despite how the Knicks are treating their players, Kris wants to stay in New York", Janis Porzingis said via ESPN.
Phil Jackson is considering trading the one positive of his failed term as Knicks president. The NY Daily News' Frank Isola added a brief tweet soaked in Knicks dysfunction. In addition, the Knicks executive recently met with former Arizona Wildcats standout Lauri Markkanen, and it appears as though he could come off the board to the franchise in the eighth spot should "The Unicorn" be on the move.
Porzingis later announced that he planned to play for Latvia in the EuroBasket 2017 competition without receiving approval from the Knicks. However, the team was constantly plagued with chemistry issues, besides mid-season chatter about a possible Carmelo Anthony trade which almost happened at the NBA Trade Deadline in February.
- Redskins owner says he's thrilled with ruling
- British PM vows to fight terror 'whoever is responsible'
- Juneteenth celebrated in Sioux City Saturday
- How to watch the Confederations Cup online and on TV
- Portuguese radio says 25 people killed in forest fires
- Cosby alternate juror: I 'probably' would have convicted him
- Call it the US Wide Open
- Dems say they'll slow Senate work over secretive care bill
- Donald Trump on Twitter: agenda doing well despite 'withhunt'
- Oltmans demands more aggression against Canada, Pakistan in HWL Semi Final