Bale, though, appears to have the edge over Karim Benzema to partner the Ballon d'Or victor after a late-season burst of eight goals in eight La Liga games moved him from the fringes of Zinedine Zidane's thinking to a central role in the his plans. "He has not played so much, but the last three games he has played he has played well".
Making an explosive impact as a second-half substitute, Bale showcased athleticism and technique of the highest quality by sending Madrid in front with only his fourth touch of the final in the 64th minute.
"They can cause us problems, we know that".
"For sure! I think he's an extraordinary player", Nacho told Goal when asked about the hypothetical situation.
Zinedine Zidane sacked if he doesn't win a third Champions League Trophy on the spin? I am just happy to get the win. "I think he's a spectacular coach".
They are the top scorers in the Champions League this season though, and they have shown that they can blitz teams like Manchester City with their frightening trio of Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.
GETTY Gareth Bale has won three Champions League titles at Real Madrid
They've claimed the scalps of Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Bayern Munich and while they haven't been particularly impressive, the teams they have beat suggest a cup triumph would be well deserved.
Speaking as part of the Super 6 Class of '92 Diary, Giggs said: "Every time he is involved, he makes a difference".
Zidane believes forward Cristiano Ronaldo will have the "most possible" influence in the final as the Portugal global "is the best so it will be the maximum".
And his wonder strike brought back memories of Zidane's own magnificent volleyed victor to win Madrid the Champions League against Bayer Leverkusen at Hampden Park in 2002.
"I am keeping the faith, I feel good about it".
If these were Bale's final moments in a Madrid jersey, they won't be forgotten. Real Madrid couldn't live with their pace at times as the men in red tried their best to find a way through down both flanks with Robertson and Alexander-Arnold seeing lots of the ball early on.
- Milwaukee police apologize for arrest, tasing of National Basketball Association player
- Battlefield 5 reveal trailer shows return to World War 2
- Bale on bench for Real Madrid in Champions League final
- Meghan Markle has already changed the way we think about race
- Reggie Bush Says Donald Trump Needs To 'Stay In His Lane'
- Alberto forms in the Gulf, flooding rains forecast
- How an Alexa speaker recorded and shared a private conversation
- Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Threatens Crucial Israeli-Owned Power Plant
- Ireland overwhelmingly votes to repeal abortion ban
- Irish Voters Set To Liberalize Abortion Laws In Landslide, Exit Poll Signals