But its signs say "See you tomorrow" and these customers plan to be back. Starbucks also offered a chance to talk to a few employees that it has selected later int eh day.
"We all have differences with one another, but right now the picture is a lot bigger", Jones said.
Police arrested both men for trespassing - but they were let go without charges and Starbucks and police later apologized.
"We've had this conversation among ourselves and customers", said barrista Brianna Grenier.
Starbucks will close more than 8,000 stores nationwide on Tuesday to conduct the anti-bias training.
Starbucks said it will also make its company-commissioned education materials available to those partners.
Since the incident, Starbucks has instituted a "Third Place" policy in which customers are "welcome to use Starbucks spaces, including our restrooms, cafes and patios, regardless of whether they make a purchase".
"We've opened stores in Ferguson, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Englewood, Oakland, throughout America, where traditionally a brand like Starbucks is not located".
Coffee chain Starbucks has shut all 8,000 company-owned branches in the USA for an afternoon to carry out "racial bias" training. At a press event on the South Side, Arron Muhammad, proprietor of Akhirah's Praline Candy and Coffee House, put it this way: "I was raised to believe that we want to treat people the way we want to be treated and it has nothing to do with color".
Up to 180,000 employees at Starbucks locations and headquarters were trained from a "tool kit" hoping to 'focus on understanding prejudice and the history of public accommodations in the United States'.
Media captionStarbucks staff are getting "unconscious bias" training, but what is it?
"I like that they're taking the initiative to do that", Tavares said.
Starbucks executive vice-president for USA retail, Rossann Williams, said that the training "isn't a solution, it's a first step".
Starbucks corporate officials said it will share the racial-bias curriculum with the licensed stores.
- The National Multiple Sclerosis Society Finds Pusha T’s Diss "Troubling"
- Jaw-dropping scenes from the Ellicott City flood
- White House Lawyer Joins Secret Briefings About FBI Informant
- Wait, Does Roseanne Barr Really Think Michelle Obama Got Her Show Canceled?
- Silva: 'Fabinho will adapt to the Premier League'
- Xiaomi’s new Mi 8 closely mimics Apple’s iPhone X
- Utah Man Released From Venezuela Prison: President Trump
- Starbucks closed this afternoon for 'racial bias education'
- Jalen Rose: Rockets, with a healthy Paul, would have toppled Warriors
- Gladu Critical Of Trans Mountain Pipeline Purchase