Liverpool now face a must-win Champions League game against Napoli mid-week, which will make or break their hopes in the competition that they went all the way to the final in last season.
Eddie Howe, however, has downplayed the severity of Wilson's hamstring injury and has indicated that the striker will only be sidelined for the short term.
Liverpool were the better team from the first whistle and punished Bournemouth as they failed to press, bagging the opener just before half-time. In the end when you see how it developed, especially with the scoreline at the end, it is ideal, but in the game we had a lot of things we could have done better.
"[It's] a bit, I would say, lucky because it could have been worse".
But defensive errors, combined with a dubious offside decision for the opening goal, meant they had little chance to impose themselves on a Liverpool side that never had to find top gear to secure three points.
Ex-Liverpool superstar Peter Crouch has revealed that every football fan would love to see their manager reach the way in which Jurgen Klopp did after Divock Origi's goal in the Merseyside derby.
In his post-match interview Salah, standing alongside teammate James Milner, was handed the Man of the Match award following his scintillating individual display at the Vitality Stadium.
Cardiff edged further from danger with their own 1-0 home win over struggling Southampton in Ralph Hasenhuettl's first game in charge of the Saints while West Ham beat visitors Crystal Palace 3-2.
"The frustration would be with the second, third and fourth goals". Nobody knows what that means, this league is so hard to play.
"Top of the table and [to] score three goals, fantastic win today and a clean sheet", Salah said.
"We need to focus on our own results".
- Diogo Dalot: Manchester United hosting Fulham a 'big game' after winless run
- After Dow drops, President Trump seeks to reassure investors on China
- An Urban Meyer rival is so happy for him
- Snapdragon 855 is the first mobile platform to support multi-gigabit 5G
- Saskatchewan doesn't plan to follow Alberta's oil production cuts, says Moe
- Bob Dole Salutes President Bush One Last Time
- 'Royal Mail' Christmas delivery as duke and duchess visit troops in Cyprus
- Jon Rahm strong in final round to win the Hero World Challenge
- Australia vs India: Virat Kohli constantly in Tim Paine's ears
- Bush’s funeral train to College Station