The tweet, which you can see below, takes a screen cap from The Outer World's new Twitter account.
KitGuru Says: The Outer Worlds isn't quite what I expected, but the humour hooked me in and the story sounds darker than the colourful aesthetic would have us believe. In the end, you find yourself in the center of a massive conspiracy that threatens the existence of the entire settlement. If you've grown exhausted of Fallout in recent years, Obsidian has come out screaming that they have the solution. Single-player! RPG mechanics! Guns! With The Outer Worlds they're taking their craft to a whole new universe. Meet - The Outer Worlds, role-playing adventure in the first person, the development of which is headed by Tim Kane (Tim Cain) and Leonard Boyarsky (Boyarsky Leonard), the authors of the first two Fallout.
It'll be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The comparisons to Fallout, BioShock, and Borderlands were immediate - but let's be real, it really is just Fallout: New Vegas in space. Look for it sometime in the next year, as it's confirmed to release in "calendar 2019".
Players will be able to create their own unique character, but much like Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds takes place entirely in the first person. That's apparently due to an agreement between Obsidian and publisher Private Division made prior to the buyout that Microsoft is happy to adhere to.
- North Carolina GOP leader says he's "horrified" by allegations of election fraud
- Australia vs India: Virat Kohli constantly in Tim Paine's ears
- Jesse Lingard 'raring to go' for Man United after fitness issues
- Arsenal's Rob Holding out for up to nine months
- Clashes as yellow vest protests grow in Belgium, Netherlands
- Virginia city seeks healing after man's murder conviction
- Bush’s funeral train to College Station
- Saskatchewan doesn't plan to follow Alberta's oil production cuts, says Moe
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Adds Battle Royale Mode "Danger Zone"
- Samsung Galaxy A8s gets Wi-Fi Alliance certification ahead of launch