The evening was to end in disappointment for CSKA also, however, with Plzen's 2-1 home win over Roma meaning that the Russian side finished fourth in the group despite their historic win.
"It isn't right to name someone specific but I can say that this is the best group in which I've played. This is a family and we are all united to fight to win the titles of this year", Odriozola said.
Ronaldo has scored 11 goals this season, bringing his career total to 584.
View this post on InstagramIt will be interesting to see what Messi will accept or even react to Ronaldo's open challenge.
The 33-year-old ended his nine year reign with Real Madrid to join the Italian League champions this summer in a deal around £90 million.
Though neither won the Ballon d'Or this year - the first time since 2008 - both Messi and Ronaldo have been in their usual fine form at the start of the new season.
Cristiano Ronaldo is not someone who shies away from making his emotions clear, whether it is on the pitch or off it and now the Juventus star has said that Lionel Messi needs him more than he needs the Argentine.
He added: "I'd like him to come to Italy one day".
Ronaldo told Gazzetta dello Sport: "No, maybe he misses me!" "I've played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal and with the national team while he's always been in Spain". Also at Madrid they are humble, but here I feel that sense more.
"[I am] disappointed but life goes on and I will still work hard".
Team news time! Real Madrid first up!
"For me it is handsome, I perceive the difference".
"More than anywhere else, the pressure, the coverage, the press, radio, everything, is really intense at Madrid". Juventus is a solid club. "It has a long history", he said.
"I knew the atmosphere in the stadium". Carvajal will likely have to play as a makeshift left-back once again, especially with Marcelo only returning to training this week. I like the city, the people and the club. With an average age of 24 years and 100 days, Solari's team was the third youngest Madrid have ever fielded in the Champions League.
- Theresa May postpones UK Parliament's vote on Brexit deal
- Mukesh Ambani receives the groom at Antilia
- Hello, Delly: Dellavedova returns to Cavs in tree-team trade
- Arsenal to remind players of their responsibilites after 'laughing gas' incident
- Virginia city seeks healing after man's murder conviction
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Adds Battle Royale Mode "Danger Zone"
- Brexit to be cancelled?
- Police investigating after Raheem Sterling allegedly racially abused by Chelsea fans
- France's Macron vows to use 'all means' to restore calm
- Obsidian Entertainment Revisits Familiar Territory With The Outer Worlds