"It's like when the sporting director or the president appears to say: 'We trust in the manager.' And the next game - lose and he is out".
"We will have to give everything in the Europa League to go as far as possible, and even try to win it", he said.
Jurgen Klopp's men return to action in the Premier League when they host rivals Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday as they aim extend their stay at the top of the table. "I don't think it's drama if you win".
'He has helped us a lot and I hope he can perform until the end of the season and continue making important saves for us.
There is an awareness at Spurs that they face a fight to keep Pochettino next summer, with Real Madrid and United most prominent among his admirers.
Liverpool are the only unbeaten side in the Premier League after securing 42 points from a possible 48 so far this season.
"It's a nice game", Wijnaldum said. We want to move there, but everyone is trying.
"It is easier to motivate them for a game against Manchester United".
I have to forget about that final chance and you can't think about these things for long because our next game against Cagliari comes quickly.
"One season goes well, one season a little bit more hard. It is going to be hard".
However, Liverpool's worst fears have been realised as the club have confirmed on Liverpoolfc.com that Matip requires surgery on a fractured collarbone and is expected to be on the sidelines for around six weeks. An injury to Alexander-Arnold would be ill-timed with Joe Gomez sidelined, Nathaniel Clyne having been out with a training ground knock.
And with Van Dijk and Alisson not at Anfield back then, Mane and Barcelona-bound Philippe Coutinho were the only Merseyside representatives.
- China bans multiple iPhone models from sale
- Brexit Secretary: Crunch commons vote to go ahead amid criticism and protests
- Arsenal to remind players of their responsibilites after 'laughing gas' incident
- Macron vows tax relief and urges calm in bid to quell protests
- Mukesh Ambani receives the groom at Antilia
- Mizoram Election Results 2018: Tight fight between Mizo National Front, Congress
- Klopp ‘not one second worried’ about Salah’s early season form
- Cristiano Ronaldo challenges Lionel Messi to join him in Serie A
- ARMAGEDDON AGAIN? Pelosi Warns Government Could be 'CLOSED FOREVER' Over Budget Fight
- Brexit to be cancelled?