A grinning Louis is lounging on - and coordinating with - his mom in the photo.
Heir-to-the-throne Prince William is wearing an open-necked checked shirt, while the rest of his family are in warm wooden jumpers and cardigans.
All of this is making the 92-year-old monarch very unhappy, insiders claim. The family poses in casual clothes against a tree on the grounds of Anmer Hall in the photo, taken by Matt Porteous.
At the same time, Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, released their own Christmas card that shows the pair embracing on their wedding night in May.
Fireworks explode into the sky over the lake, creating a truly stunning scene for the couple's card.
This is a role previously played by Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, and countless other Johnny come latelies to the royal court.
"The four of them will be at Sandringham for Christmas Day hosted by the Queen", Nicholl tells ET.
In the evening, the royal family gathers again for a Christmas buffet dinner with 15 to 20 different delicacies prepared by Queen Elizabeth's chef.
The reason why does make a lot of sense, especially as Kate Middleton's parents have not yet spent a Christmas at Sandringham with the royal family - although they have attended Christmas mass.
- Corker to introduce resolution holding Saudi crown prince 'responsible' for Khashoggi's death
- China Confirms Detention of Second Canadian
- Apple Eyes Austin For New $1B Campus; More Expansions Announced
- Ex-Trump aide Flynn does not deserve jail, lawyers say
- White House trade advisor vows 'tough' talks with China
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition vs OnePlus 6T
- Where to watch tonight's Geminids meteor shower in Berkeley
- May to meet European Union leaders in bid to save Brexit deal
- How Trump's statements on hush money have shifted as investigation progressed
- Liverpool can’t be judged just on trophies - Klopp responds to Mourinho