Yesterday, before news of Sanders' medical procedure and subsequent canceling of events, CNN announced the podium order for the October 15 debate - the fourth round of Democratic debates of the season.
In March Sanders gashed his head on a shower door and had seven stitches, but quickly returned to the campaign trail.
He added that the senator was talking and in good spirits, and would be resting over the "next few days". While Sanders' campaign has already canceled $1.3 million ad buy, doubts continue to remain if Bernie Sanders will take part in the upcoming fourth democratic debate.
His $25.3m haul from July through September was the largest of any Democratic candidate in a quarter so far. Receiving stents is "a minimally invasive procedure", typically with a short recovery time, the US National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute says. Sanders is among the top contenders for the Democratic nomination, trailing former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. They reconfirmed that he would take part in a debate scheduled for October 15 in OH, and they announced that Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz of San Juan, Puerto Rico, a national co-chair of his campaign, would canvass for him this weekend in New Hampshire.
Since Sanders just had stents placed, he will likely be placed on a "secondary prevention" protocol, Epstein said, meaning the senator will undergo treatment to prevent further plaques from forming in his coronary arteries.
The speculations that the medical emergency will negatively impact his presidential campaign are also on the rise.
President Donald Trump is 73.
The sudden medical procedure begs the question: How serious is this heart condition, and how might it affect Sanders' future health? On Sunday, he had three campaign events in New Hampshire, with four more in the Granite State the following day, after which he flew to Las Vegas for a fund-raiser.
According to the RealClearPolitics average, since August Biden has lost major steam in maintaining his lead against Senator Elizabeth Warren.
"This is a very common procedure".
The move comes a week after Warren's campaign said it would dish out at least $10 million to run digital and TV spots in the same four crucial states.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Liverpool must be vigilant, Man City getting greedy in scoring goals
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Trump sought Australia's help on Russia probe origins
- 'You're good-looking': Ukraine's leader woos Tom Cruise
- Pelosi, Trump engage in real-time messaging war on impeachment, legislating
- Call of Duty: Mobile game app coming to Android and iOS
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- GOP congressman blasts as 'repugnant' Trump civil war tweet
- Defoe strengthens Euros case