Defeat at the Amex stadium was compounded by a bad injury to goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, who was stretchered off after falling heavily on his arm in conceding Brighton's third-minute opener to Neal Maupay. "I accept the criticism", he said.
After their 7-2 drubbing in midweek, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino was expecting a response from his players, only for goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to gift Neal Maupay a weird opener. I don't need to show my commitment. The team hasn't found any consistency and has had to deal with many issues that impact stability.
After that game, Connolly said: "It is every young kids dream making their Premier League debut and it's the same with me I've always wanted to do it since I was young and thankfully today it happened".
"We need to find a way to stay together and be all together again and find a good dynamic".
"I hope because we are still talking, it means that I am going to spend five years more here, at least". "Now is a moment to be strong, we can not underestimate this type of situation but in times that aren't so good, there's always the possibility to make ourselves stronger". It is normal that the game has created a lot of opinions and rumours, everyone needs to talk.
"I have spoken to Aaron and Derrick and they are looking forward to meeting up with us". I can't really put it into words.
Spurs have been struggling to find consistent form in recent weeks and they now find themselves down in sixth place in the Premier League table.
Lloris jumped up to catch the ball on the line as Brighton launched an attack on goal.
The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email.
Connolly, who was omitted from Mick McCarthy's senior Ireland squad for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Georgia and Switzerland, benefited after Lloris' replacement, Paulo Gazzaniga, couldn't hold a shot. "Aaron gave us another dimension because that's what his qualities are".
Potter said his team had not practised the move for Connolly's second goal, a jink in from the left in a manner similar to one of Serge Gnabry's efforts on Tuesday.
"Since the start of the season we have never played at the same intensity for 90 minutes".
- Vaping deaths reported in Nebraska and New Jersey as cases grow
- IPhone 11 sales perform better than expected, Apple increases production by 10%
- North Korea fires submarine-launched missile: state media
- ISM Manufacturing Data Sees Near-Decade Low for September
- Trump suggested shooting migrants in the legs
- Microsoft says Iranian hackers targeted U.S. presidential candidate
- 'I think it's crazy': Takeaways of diplomats' text messages
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep PS4 Launch Hit with Capacity Issues and Disconnects
- Meat might not kill you after all, new study says
- Diahann Carroll, Oscar-nominated actress, dies at 84