Another person tweeted: 'Name a more weird couple'. The next minute, DeGeneres is being brutally pilloried on social media for having the audacity to hang out with the former president. So, why didn't Ellen and George give one another a verbal smackdown IRL? Bush really enjoyed being with Ellen and Portia (de Rossi) and appreciated Ellen's comments about respecting one another.
We know, we know. It's quite a bit to course of. Just like the host said, it's easy to be kind and loving toward those with whom we agree; the true act of tolerance is showing kindness toward those with whom we disagree, and being OK with the space that exists between our opposing ideas.
Ellen said when she found herself seated in a "fancy suite" next to Bush, she took a video and the pair shared a laugh. "During the game, they showed a shot of George and me laughing together and, so, people were upset".
She continued, "They thought, why is a gay Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative Republican president". "They're saying George Bush was a horrendous president who has never taken responsibility for the things he did as POTUS & would rather that rich liberals don't rehabilitate him". But it wasn't her fandom that was criticized, it was the fact that she had a good time with Bush.
DeGeneres said when she was invited to the game she was aware she would be surrounded by people with "different views and beliefs", joking she was there to support the Packers.
"I'd love it if we as a country could get back to the place where we didn't demonize people who disagreed with us". For example, I want folks wouldn't put on fur.
The former vegan used the example of how she doesn't approve of wearing fur, but is still friends with those who do. "I will miss my friend". "I've associates who ought to tweeze extra".
The talk show icon went on to remind everyone her signature phrase - be kind to one another - applies to everyone; even the people you don't see eye to eye with.
DeGeneres has also faced criticism for defending comedian Kevin Hart, who stepped down from hosting the 2019 Oscars after old anti-gay tweets of his surfaced. "Unlike DeGeneres, I refuse to grade presidents on a curve".
- Binghamton University Professor Awarded Nobel Prize
- Washington's Bill Callahan: Dwayne Haskins not a candidate to start at quarterback
- Vikings coach noncommittal about Diggs' status for Sunday
- Quotes from basketball fans in China on NBA controversy
- Nick Jonas is replacing Adam Levine on NBC's 'The Voice'
- Hard-line protesters resume violence over Hong Kong mask ban
- Serial Killer Admitting To 90+ Murders Includes 3 Arkansas Women
- Houston Rockets press official shuts down question on NBA-China fallout
- U.S. blacklists 28 Chinese organisations over 'Uighur abuses' in Xinjiang
- Ellen explains why she was with George W. Bush at Cowboys game