"It's worrying moments for the Wilder rematch, but I'm living in the moment".
During the media scrum following the big WWE Crown Jewel press conference, Cain Velasquez discussed his disdain for Brock Lesnar.
Velasquez was finished by Francis Ngannou in a mere 26 seconds in his most recent outing back in February after a layoff that lasted almost three years. Velasquez knocked out Lesnar to win the UFC heavyweight title in 2010.
Fury will take on Braun Strowman, while Velasquez will face former UFC rival Brock Lesnar. It was reported earlier this week that Velasquez removed himself from the USADA drug-testing pool and from UFC's heavyweight rankings.
Lineal heavyweight champion Tyson Fury may have a date set for a return bout with Deontay Wilder on February 22, 2020, but that doesn't mean the showman will be sitting idle in the interim. The two have already started a feud during Fury's two recent appearances on WWE Smackdown and Raw. "I've beat him once before in the UFC, and I'm ready to do it again".
Velasquez fought 14 of his 16 career bouts with the UFC and made his promotional debut in April 2008 at UFC 83. Injuries, unfortunately, kept Velasquez out of competition for significant amounts of time. ESPN announced on Friday that Velasquez is officially retiring from MMA and has informed the Ultimate Fighting Championship of his intentions to leave the sport. They love it. They're super excited.
- Liam Hemsworth Spotted Holding Hands With Australian Netflix Actress
- Ellen explains why she was with George W. Bush at Cowboys game
- China, India agree to set up mechanism for trade
- Trump donors charged in campaign finance case
- U.S. ambassador to European Union to testify on Thursday, won’t share documents
- Last chance Brexit saloon: British and Irish leaders to meet
- California on high alert as fires destroy dozens of homes
- The Heat: US announces trade deal with China pt 1
- Irate Federer loses to join Djokovic through Shanghai Masters exit door
- Nobel Prize announces 2019 literature winners from Austria, Poland