Here's what business users can expect from Google's latest smartphone that was announced on October 15. And while with previous Pixels you got unlimited cloud storage for full resolution photos from Google, you don't get this same deal with the Pixel 4.
The search giant's support website for the Pixel 4 acknowledges this issue, outright stating that "your phone can also be unlocked by someone else if it's held up to your face, even if your eyes are closed".
While this was certainly a gamble (the phone even ditches the fingerprint sensor in the process), it seems to have paid of. Google also offers $100 when you pre-order from its store, but Amazon obviously has a lot more choices in its inventory.
Another big new feature of the Pixel 4 is its 90hz display, which makes navigation smoother than most - if not all - phones.
If that wasn't bad enough, trading in an iPhone from previous year will get you significantly more back, with the iPhone X saving you up to $395 and the iPhone XS Max fetching up to $600.
The device achieves this by using a radar to sense motion which is then processed by its Soli chip.
The difference between the Pixel 4 and the Pixel 4 XL is in the screen and battery specs. This means the user would have to be looking at the camera and be awake/aware for the lock to release.
There's not much to complain about in this department, but if we had to name one gripe it would be the lack of a wide-angle camera.
So basically, your top-of-the-line Pixel 3 XL, which is still a pretty good flagship phone to have, is worth nearly a third of its full value if you paid nine hundred bucks for it.
A spokesperson for Google confirmed to the BBC that, when the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL ship to preorder customers later this month, the functionality will still operate as it does on initial units provided to reviewers. But the captioning should happen in real time and Google promises it is fast enough for you to follow along. They come in a glossy black color, matte white, or a limited-edition matte orange. The company is offering those that pre-order two Google Pixel 4 phones an $800 discount on the second phone.
- Donald Trump ‘Ambushed’ Grieving Parents With Their Son’s Killer
- Trump administration reveals details of 'phase one' of trade deal with China
- Sanders: I'm ready to get back to running a 'vigorous' campaign
- Small details you missed in the new Fortnite map
- Google Stadia launches November 19
- Rams' Jalen Ramsey: Heading to L.A.
- Fortnite: Meteor destroys map and causes black hole in The End
- Goodbye Black Hole! Fortnite Season 11 Aka Chapter 2 Is Live
- Pixel 4 XL display is rated as the "best smartphone screen"
- Hands On With Google's Solid Pixelbook Go Chromebook