The Dolphins are one of several teams that will attend Kaepernick's workout, which will be held Saturday afternoon in Atlanta.
Kaepernick, 32, last played in the National Football League during the 2016 season and officially opted out of his contract with the 49ers on March 3, 2017, shortly after the arrival of general manager John Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan, who had no intention of retaining the veteran quarterback.
Reid is adamant that Kaepernick still has plenty to offer any team willing to sign him. Kapernick confirmed the league contacted him about a private workout on Tuesday and said he's been "in shape and ready for this for 3 years".
"He's a starter in this league, and I can't imagine - we have a starter, " Carroll said in 2017. "I'm just, kinda, focused in on where we're at so I'll leave that up to Ryan and those guys and see and I know they'll have a handle on that". The receivers are expected to be mostly players who were on teams during the preseason.
The NFL's assertion reads: "Eleven groups - Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New England, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay and Washington - have presently dedicated to show up at, and it really is only Thursday". The workout, which has been set up by the league itself, will feature on-field drills and an interview. The other unusual thing is, I saw it was reported that teams were interested in Colin, but they reached out to the league about it? The second-round pick in 2011 played in 69 games and started 58 for San Francisco, including two NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl.
Reid, who played with Kaepernick when they were with the San Francisco 49ers and knelt with him during the national anthem, spoke to reporters and called the showcase a "PR stunt".
On Saturday, Kapernick will get the chance to play in front of teams for the first time in almost three years.
"I haven't had a chance to speak with Brett about it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sent someone because Brett likes to turn over every stone", Hunt said. Kaepernick completed 17-of-22 passing for 215 yards and a touchdown while taking five sacks.
However, the timing of the NFL's workout has puzzled many across the sport. A similar settlement was reached with Eric Reid, who knelt with Kaepernick during the Star Spangled Banner.
- Beverly Hills Cop 4 starring Eddie Murphy is happening at Netflix
- Vaping illnesses are linked to vitamin E acetate, CDC says
- Colin Kaepernick to work out for National Football League teams
- United States to Keep Control Over Oil Fields in Syria
- Former Spartans, Lions WR Rogers Passes Away
- Chinese singles' day blows away Thanksgiving weekend
- GOP senators confronted Erdogan over video, participants say
- Man Filmed Swimming Across Venice's St. Mark's Square Amid Historic Flooding
- Apple's 16-inch MacBook Pro launches tomorrow with new keyboard
- Turkey starts deporting Islamic State fighters, returns American first