Gareth Bale was met with a chorus of boos as he entered the field against Real Sociedad on Saturday night.
"Gareth Bale's popularity in Spain has taken another hit after he danced in front of a flag that read: 'Wales, Golf, Madrid, in that order, ' following their qualification for next summer's European Championship", Crouch wrote in the Daily Mail.
In between, Zidane will appear in a pre-match press conference on Friday before naming his squad for the fixture later in the afternoon. This isn't the first time that he has angered Real fans, as most of the supporters already believe that he favours playing for the national side over the Spanish giants.
Bale has frequently been criticised by pundits as well as team mates for his love of golf. I will always be with him.
"We must not look beyond".
Bale has been criticized in Spain for prioritizing global football, and even a round of golf, over the club's tasks, since he hasn't played for Real since October 5. "Inside the dressing room here, he's good". "I know a lot of people are, but I'm not".
"Did Bale mock Madrid?".
"I think a lot of noise is made with Bale's gesture and what needs to be done is to focus on football, me as a coach and he as a player". He can make the difference, he is a decisive player.
Zidane added: "Gareth is an important player, he's always proved it". He has won four Champions League titles with Real Madrid. Lucas Vazquez is out with a broken toe along with James Rodriguez and Nacho, who are both recovering from knee injuries.
Real Madrid will be without long-term absentees Nacho and Marco Asensio.
The victory sees Real move level on points with league leaders FC Barcelona, who boast a superior goal difference. Sevilla, in fourth, travel to Real Valladolid tomorrow. Barca are away at Leganes today, while Atletico visit Granada.
- Apple's iPhone 11 battery cases add a physical camera button
- Star Wars Stormtroopers invade Fortnite today
- Britain's Prince Andrew Steps Back From Royal Duties After Scandal
- President Trump says he supports Senate impeachment trial if House moves ahead
- Murray digs deep at Davis Cup to give Britain lead over Holland
- Spurs the flawless fit for no-nonsense Mourinho, says Berbatov
- Russian Federation hands over to Ukraine three ships detained in Kerch Strait
- Deadly Attack Leaves California Hmong Community In Shock
- Donald Trump issues pardons in U.S. war crimes cases
- Syria downs Israeli missiles over Damascus: state media