Frank (Lampard) will be pleased, they didn't park the bus and they had a go, but they were punished and that's what the really good teams do.
N'Golo Kante put the visitors ahead but Kevin De Bruyne equalised with a deflected effort before Riyad Mahrez scored what turned out to be the victor.
"It was a typical high-level game".
Former Reds striker Suarez believes Liverpool FC are in a good position but warned Klopp's players not to get complacent.
While City will be relieved to have emerged with the points, Guardiola will be concerned that his team still look substantially short of their top form.
"Given everything Liverpool are now, to have won it then would have had more merit".
Chelsea welcomed Jorginho back into their midfield and American winger Christian Pulisic was passed fit despite having struggled with a groin injury.
But just when it seemed Chelsea would add to their deserved lead, City drew level.
The Blues started the game as the better side and they took the lead through N'Golo Kante after just 21 minutes.
City lost Rodri and Silva after the break, prior to Kepa making a fingertip save to deny De Bruyne his second, while Aguero also hobbled out of the action to join City's growing injury list. Fortune favoured the champions as deflections off both Chelsea centre-backs sent the ball into the path of De Bruyne and, after he cut inside onto his left foot, a second deflection of Kurt Zouma turned his shot past the wrong-footed Kepa.
Mahrez collected the ball in the left channel, skipped inside away from Kovacic and Emerson Palmieri and fired a superb low shot through the legs of Tomori to beat Kepa Arrizabalaga. Meanwhile, Gabriel Jesus - who replaced an injured Aguero in the 77th minute at the Etihad - has scored only three goals in 10 appearances this season. Aguero will undergo tests today but could face several weeks out of the side. But City's margin of victory could have been even greater as Raheem Sterling found the bottom corner deep into stoppage time, only for VAR to rule the goal out for offside.
"So, OK, I have another record, I won one game without possession".
- Anthony starting in Trail Blazers debut vs. Pelicans
- Following post-midnight finishes, Davis Cup changes start times
- President Trump says he supports Senate impeachment trial if House moves ahead
- SC to consider Sena, NCP, Congress plea against Maharashtra governor's decision today
- Crystal Palace vs. Liverpool - Football Match Report
- Apple Adds Camera Button to iPhone 11 Smart Battery Case
- Borderlands 3 'Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot' DLC Coming in December
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu charged with bribery and corruption
- Advocacy group: Iran restoring internet access
- Half-Life: Alyx is coming to all VR platforms in 2020