"We're seeing travel impacts for the Upper Midwest into the Great Lakes, and then that's going to transition into portions of the Northeast for wintry precipitation as we get through the remainder of Sunday, Sunday night and then getting into Monday as well", says Pagano.
National weather officials say wintry weather is causing serious complications for post-Thanksgiving holiday travel as a powerful storm moves eastward, bringing heavy snow and strong winds to the USA, especially across the northern Midwest. The system coming into WNY early Sunday will start as snow but eventually switch over to freezing rain. Plowable snow will be on the ground for almost all of Western Wisconsin with lesser amounts in the Coulee Region where more rain and mixing will have occurred, and greater amounts the further north you travel where precipitation was mainly in the form of snow. Valley rain will be heavy at times and most of the valley is projected to get up to 3 inches of rain through Monday. There won't be a lot of rain, or ice or sleet, but Martin said there will be a mix.
SUNDAY: The heavy, wet snowfall along with strong wind may lead to localized power outages by the morning, but conditions will begin to improve.
The alert goes into effect at 3 a.m. on December 1.
Typically, weekends are "good timing" for winter storms due to the lack of cars on the roads.
A Winter Storm Warning remains posted for the Billings area and much of south-central and southeast Montana and north-central Wyoming through Saturday evening. On Saturday, the wind will be out of the east at 15-20 miles per hour.
Southland mountains areas accumulated 6 to 12 inches of snow since the storm moved in Wednesday. Some of the Sierra Nevada region could see feet of snow pile up in the higher elevations. "Significant snow accumulations with icing are possible".
The weather will quiet down early next week.
That was added to 30 centimeters of snow that fell before Thanksgiving.
- Four held for rape, murder of Hyderabad veterinarian
- Black Friday Offers Some Perks For Workers
- This is the best mobile phone deals for Black Friday
- Unai Emery: Teams are now fearless when they face Arsenal
- Hong Kong police enter Polytechnic University as siege ends
- Experts stunned, Duke haters thrilled after huge Stephen F. Austin upset
- China Asks US To "Change Course" Over Hong Kong Bill, Summons Envoy
- Several killed in 6.4-magnitude tremor — Albania natural disaster
- Donald Trump ordered Pentagon to let convicted Navy SEAL keep elite status
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason