Natasha Romanoff never comes unprepared and brings many gadgets to help her combat her enemies.
The trailer also introduces some exciting new characters, including Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh), Alexei Shostakov (David Harbour), and Melina Vostokoff (Rachel Weisz). It's one big happy Soviet family reunion. Harbour steals the show a little here, playing Red Guardian, a kind of Russian Captain America equivalent. She references some "unfinished business" and adds, "We have to go back to where it all started". It's a line straight out of Avengers: Endgame.
We get a brief glimpse of part of the training facility, as more than a dozen gun-wielding women in Black Widow style outfits practice carefully choreographed and deadly-looking moves.
You can see the first teaser for Black Widow below, including the aforementioned shot of Florence Pugh in Widow's the green vest. It sort of looks like a Mission: Impossible movie, with the combination of spy story and large scale action.
Scarlett has already portrayed Natasha, a former KGB assassin and a member of the Avengers, in several films including Iron Man 2, The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron. The action looks intense, and the Taskmaster looks to make quite an impact as the villain of the film.
As you can see right there, Black Widow opens in theaters on May 1, 2020.
- Ravens beat 49ers 20-17: Questions, Comments, and Concerns
- University of Cambridge graduate named as London Bridge attack victim
- Walmart Tips Cyber Monday Deals on 4K TV, Robot Vacuum, More
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer mirror's fans' concerns over Luke Shaw's future
- Assailant wounds 3 in stabbing in busy Hague shopping area
- Katonah's 'small-town traditions' continue on Small Business Saturday
- Q2 Weather: Winter Storm Warning through Saturday PM
- France to summon Turkey’s ambassador after Erdogan slams Macron's NATO comments
- Apple Could Bundle AirPods with iPhones Next Year
- 'Major Incident' at London Bridge Sees Number of People Injured in Stabbing