The sailor opened fire at the Pearl Harbor Naval shipyard at around 2:30 p.m. HST (7:30 p.m. EST), officials tweeted on the base's verified account. The identities of those involved will be released once next-of-kin are notified.
Rear Admiral Robb Chadwick, speaking at a press conference, said it was unclear if the victims were targeted or shot at random. Base security forces had responded to the shooting and the base was placed under lockdown.
"We were actually on our way out", Ojeda said. The mayhem unfolded at approximately 2.30pm local time.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam said on Twitter that the three injured victims were all civilians working for the US Department of Defense, but gave no information on their condition.
Bhadauria was in Pearl Harbor to attend a conclave of air forces in the Indo-Pacific region, which began on Wednesday. The shooter has also been identified as male. Two of the schools on lockdown are on the base, according to the Hawaii Department of Education.
Chadwick said the shooting was "certainly a tragedy for everyone".
"It's frustrating because Pearl Harbor day is coming up and I worry about it", Ms. Kenneway said. "Generations of locals have worked in that shipyard". "This loss will be felt throughout our shipyard 'Ohana, greater shipyard & NAVSEA family, submarine force, and the Navy as a whole". The base reopened a few hours later. Chaplain and counseling services are being provided there, as well as in room 130 of building 2.
(AP Photo/Caleb Jones) Credit: APCamera IconA U.S. naval ship can been seen from Pearl Harbor National Memorial Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, in Honolulu.
Military officials said, "Our thoughts go out to those affected by today's events". "However, security was increased as a precautionary measure for some time".
Meanwhile, according to Gov. Ige, the White House has offered federal agencies' assistance to the base in dealing with the investigation. Caitlin Doornbos reported from U.S. Naval Forces Japan headquarters at Yokosuka.
Wyatt Olson reported from Oahu.
- Charles plans to boot several royals
- Rory Burns: Joe Root played beautifully for long-awaited Test hundred
- Manchester City are not low on confidence, says Pep Guardiola
- Trump Says China Trade Deal Might Have to Wait for 2020 Election
- Luka Doncic burns LeBron James and the LA Lakers
- Democrat Witness: Evidence Of Crime Not Needed To Impeach Trump
- USDA Finalizes New SNAP Rules, Reducing Food Benefits for Millions
- Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin step back from executive roles
- Black Widow trailer decoded: Taskmaster, little 'sis,' and Red Guardian explained
- Boris Johnson To Trump: Stay Out Of Our Elections