"We need to give time in everything that we do because in order for guys to be the best at what they do, they need experience", Pollard said. We scored above 200 runs which more often than not, you take that.
Virat Kohli posted his highest T20I score and now has the most 50-plus totals in the format. Lewis struck 40 off 17 balls and King belted 31 from 23 deliveries.
"When you give India - a team with world-class players - extra deliveries, you're asking for trouble".
"We will probably be playing as close to the eleven that we want in the World Cup as possible for the remainder of the T20 games we have leading into the World Cup". "It's something we need to look on", he added.
However, instead of dwelling on the negatives, Pollard preferred to look at the positives that came out of the match. I like to keep things simple. We back each and every player. Obviously, it was a good batting track.
Twitter was abuzz with cricket fans loving what they saw from the India captain. But it's a long series and it's a matter of looking at the positives and improve our game. He and Kesrick Williams had had some sort of running argument during the run-chase; the two almost collided, stared at each other, and exchanged words between overs. In fact, Kuldeep had a very poor IPL picking just 4 wickets in 9 games and got dropped from the Kolkata Knight Riders side halfway through the tournament.
Both sides will now face-off in the second T20I at the Greenfield Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram on Sunday (December 8).
The India vs West Indies 1st T20I match will begin at 07:00 PM IST.
"We can't control the results but what we can control is our preparation and our mindsets and that's what we are focusing on at this point in time, not what has gone in the past".
Kohli's highest T20 score anchored India's chase of the 208-run target with eight balls to spare. It was a treat for the eyes of the spectators as Kohli ticked Williams' name off his book after dispatching him for a six, imitating Williams' style of celebration and exacting revenge from the Caribbean.
- 49ers suspend radio broadcaster Tim Ryan over Lamar Jackson comment
- Greg Olsen shares poignant take on Ron Rivera's firing
- What do you think? Is the new Peloton commercial sexist?
- NASA Finds India’s Lunar Lander Leftovers on the Moon
- Ljungberg 'proud and honoured' after first game as Arsenal caretaker boss
- Tories hope election campaign stays on course despite North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit with Trump
- Sailor opens fire at Pearl Harbor, kills 2 before killing himself
- Indian police kill 4 suspects in rape, murder of veterinarian
- LILLEY: 'Two-faced' Trudeau's screw up with Trump could cost us
- Iran Ballistic Activities Do Not Conform With U.N. Resolution