Napoli ended a nine-match winless run in all competition to reach the Champions League last 16 Tuesday as a first-half Arkadiusz Milik hat-trick set up a 4-0 win over Genk in what eventually turned out to be coach Carlo Ancelotti's last stand.
The Italian squad sits in seventh place in Serie A.
After Napoli confirmed Ancelotti had been dismissed following a meeting with De Laurentiis, it seems he has retained the respect of the players.
In his presentation as Napoli boss, Gattuso labelled the club's league position as "embarrassing".
Poland striker Milik scored an early opener after a awful mistake by Genk's Maarten Vandevoordt, who at the age of 17 years and 287 days became the youngest goalkeeper in Champions League history.
"We need to work hard, win back points and come through this tricky period".
While they've looked competitive in Europe, Napoli have unraveled in Serie A. They last won a league match in October, and chaos ensued in November when the players failed to report to a week-long training retreat. This team has the potential to make the top four. "I have a good feeling".
Before returning to Milan as a coach, originally in charge of the youth side before taking charge of the first-team in 2017, the former Rangers star also managed Sion, Palermo, OFI Crete and Pisa.
Danny Mills warned Everton over considering hiring manager Carlo Ancelotti as he's not suited for a relegation battle. "I am and always will be with him".
"He has a lot of experience and a fabulous CV but I'm just not convinced that he is the right man for Everton at this time".
- Adelaide Father And Daughter Named As Latest Victims Of NZ Volcano Tragedy
- Hong Kong's Leader Again Rejects Concessions After Massive Weekend Protest
- India's parliament set to vote on contentious citizenship bill
- Boras: 2 new 'mystery teams' in pursuit of Cole
- Greta Thunberg is Time's 2019 Person of the Year
- U.S. Attorney General: FBI's Russian Federation investigation based on 'bogus narrative'
- Stocks stutter as attention turns to trade deadline, central bank meetings
- Climate pledges 'misleading', Greta tells United Nations meet
- Trump says FBI director Wray cannot fix the FBI
- Here’s what Lampard wants from his players when Chelsea take on Lille