"You want to be bowling as much as you can with the lights on", Paine said.
In one of its most important summers, New Zealand will follow the series in Australia with a home series against top-ranked India.
"It was still a little bit tennis-bally but I guess with the heat around it might change as the game progresses".
After an unbeaten triple century against Pakistan his run-glut ended on 43 when he miscued a full ball and left-arm quick bowler Wagner clutched a sharp right-handed reflex catch millimetres above the turf on his follow-through. It just sort of sat up, it was easy to play.
"We've seen a lot of their batting; we've studied them closely". While it was Smith who led Australia's charge towards retaining the Ashes urn in England earlier this year, it has been Warner who has been making all the headlines lately with his sensational displays against Pakistan, which included a landmark triple-ton in Adelaide.
"If this is an entertainment product then that is a shocking pitch", Dobell said.
"Steve Bucknor (from the West Indies) was my idol and it is only sinking in now that I will have officiated in more Test matches than him".
"There used to be a philosophy in Australian cricket, which worked so well for us - it's harder to get out of the Australian cricket team than it is to get in it".
"After carefully assessing all options, it was obvious that there is no reasonable opportunity for this match to be replayed in the current season", Peter Roach, Cricket Australia's Head of Cricket Operations, said.
"Basically, this is the worst series I've ever covered in my career in 20 years".
The other test venues are also new to the Kiwis: New Zealand will play the Boxing Day Test on a pitch of unknown quality at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the first time since 1985.
Williamson averages 49.38 in Test cricket while Smith's average is an excellent 63.75 despite managing 40 runs in two innings against Pakistan. Neil will do Neil's thing and he's been brilliant for us for a long period of time in different conditions.
Warner, who passed 500 runs for the summer during his innings, was dismissed just before lunch with Neil Wagner taking a screamer of a catch. There may yet be a vacancy in the XI if Trent Boult does not prove his fitness from a side strain, but if Boult is available, Smith agreed it would a tough decision on who would miss out and suggested there could be a case for not playing Mitchell Santner and going in with an all-pace attack.
- House Judiciary panel takes first steps toward impeachment vote
- Marcus Rashford Can Be As Good As Cristiano Ronaldo
- Amazon Lawsuit Alleges Trump Abused Power in Huge Pentagon Cloud Contract
- Trump says FBI director Wray cannot fix the FBI
- United States reportedly set to delay new Chinese trade tariffs
- Climate pledges 'misleading', Greta tells United Nations meet
- Oil rises, but US-China trade war impacts outlook
- Trainer Manny Robles criticises Andy Ruiz Jr's preparation for Anthony Joshua rematch
- Pompeo and Russia's Lavrov joust over meddling in United States elections
- Ancelotti fired by Napoli as Everton, Arsenal lurk