At that time, Microsoft also revealed its holiday 2020 timeline and said the console will launch alongside the latest game in its popular "Halo" franchise.
Godfall will be just one of the new games ready for PS5, and the console will likely support numerous games that are now available on the PlayStation 4.
The device will come with a redesigned Xbox controller featuring a Share button for players to easily capture screenshots or video clips they can share with friends. The controller has a slightly reshaped mode, it's a bit smaller and thanks to the development of the Xbox One Elite controller, a better d-pad. Again, not a bad thing.
Microsoft unveiled its "fastest, most powerful" Xbox gaming system yet Thursday - and it looks straight out of a sci-fi movie. It also happens to be the same time that Sony's PlayStation 5 is going to be released.
Microsoft stated that customers will be able to play "thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming" on the Series X, meaning that it likely continues the big selling point for owners of older generation titles being able to use their library on the new console. A separate announcement made at the game awards for Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, an Xbox Series X exclusive (boy, we're going to get exhausted of writing "x"), debuted with a trailer said to have been captured on the new Xbox system.
Indeed, a trailer for the game gives us a glimpse at what the new console is capable of, as all the footage was captured entirely in-engine. With the new Xbox Series X, we will realize that vision. "It's really about ensuring there's less waiting and more time playing because that's ultimately what we all want to do with a with the consoles and with the services that we have".
Also from PlayStation, a full-length trailer for the upcoming Samurai epic Ghost of Tsushima from developer Sucker Punch that will be released in Summer 2020 for the PlayStation 4.
All that planning looks to have paid off, because the Xbox Series X is a beast.
The Xbox Series X will support backwards compatibility for many Xbox and Xbox 360 games.
Alongside the reveal of the Xbox Series X, Spencer also announced one of the games being developed specifically to take "full advantage" of its capabilities.
- Democrats announce support for revised North America trade pact
- Harvey Weinstein reaches $68.4 million settlement with accusers, ex-associates
- U.S. Attorney General: FBI's Russian Federation investigation based on 'bogus narrative'
- Adelaide Father And Daughter Named As Latest Victims Of NZ Volcano Tragedy
- China, US reach agreement on phase one trade deal
- FT: Beijing orders state offices to replace foreign PCs and software
- U.S. lawmakers clash over impeachment charges against Trump
- India's parliament set to vote on contentious citizenship bill
- Greta Thunberg is Time's 2019 Person of the Year
- Ancelotti fired by Napoli as Everton, Arsenal lurk