The Italian guided Napoli to a Champions League win over Liverpool in southern Italy back in September, and followed it up with a draw at Anfield in November.
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti said his team must produce the flawless game in their FA Cup third round match at Liverpool on Sunday if they are to end two decades of disappointment in the Merseyside derby at Anfield. Communication wise is really good - his English is absolutely OK but his German is really good, it doesn't help the team much but we can talk.
"In terms of wealth and status, Everton can not replace any of the established "top six".
Liverpool lead City by 16 points and look on course to win their first ever Premier League title.
"It is a fantastic challenge for us and I want to be focused on them and not lose time talking about the transfer market because in this moment I want to put all of my energy into explaining to the players what type of game I want them to play. But it would be nice if people could give him some time".
"So congratulate Manchester City for that", Guardiola told reporters.
"[We played] really well, we played top", Guardiola said after the Everton result.
It was the latest VAR decision to go against City this season and Mahrez responded with a stinging drive that forced a good save from Pickford.
Injuries and a lack of starts due to the brilliance of Sergio Aguero have hampered Jesus, 22, since his move to City in January 2017.
The scores were level at the break, meaning City have failed to score a first-half goal in six of their last eight home Premier League games, but they got their opener just six minutes after the restart.
Seven minutes later and Jesus had again found the net, stepping up when his team needed him most.
Jesus doubled his account when Mahrez slipped Jesus in with a simple pass and the striker rifled a shot inside the near post to make it 2-0.
- BTS wow fans with New Year’s Eve performance in Times Square
- Dalvin Cook declares himself at "full strength" ahead of Saints game
- Singer Pink Pledges $500,000 to Help Fight Deadly Brushfires in Australia
- Australian bushfires: Military deployed to help devastated communities as death toll rises
- ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Editor Admits the Film is "Fan Service"
- Japan calls on Interpol for Ghosn's handover
- Qassem Soleimani killing: Prominent red ring on finger helped identify Iranian general
- Tens of thousands mourn Iran general after United States airstrike
- Dow Shoots to Record Despite Hint That China Fears Marathon Trade War
- John Klingberg Posts Two Assists In Winter Classic