The 25-year-old took to Instagram this morning to detail his experience with Lyme disease - a tick-borne infection that, if left untreated, can cause infection in the brain and long-term neurological symptoms.
"While many people said Justin Bieber looked like an asshole about meth. Etc., they didn't realize that I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease".
"These things will be explained further in a docu-series I'm putting on YouTube shortly", Bieber concluded his post.
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is spread to human by infected ticks.
The symptoms of Lyme disease include rash in a bull's eye pattern, or redness on the skin known as erythema migrans which is typically neither itchy nor painful, flu, joint pain and weakness in the limbs. "This condition is called Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome (PTLDS)", the CDC offers on its website.
Justin Bieber announced that he has Lyme disease and chronic mono.
"You can learn all that I've been battling and overcoming", he added. Citing the two diseases as the reason for his continued break from music, low energy levels, and skin issues, he revealed that he is on the road to recovery.
Lavigne saw Bieber's message and sent back well wishes for fellow Canadian Justin.
However, the musician told fans that he is on the "right treatment" and will be covering his illness in an upcoming YouTube documentary series.
Fortunately, Justin explained that while it's been a rough couple of years, he is now "getting the right treatment" so that's good news!
Yolanda's kids, models Bella and Anwar Hadid, plus Ben Stiller, Shania Twain, Kelly Osbourne and Alec Baldwin have also opened up about struggling with Lyme.
When caught early, most cases of Lyme disease can be treated successfully with a few weeks of antibiotics like doxycycline or amoxicillin.
- Aircraft with 180 onboard crashes in Iran's capital Tehran
- Kevin De Bruyne: Arteta can go to Arsenal
- LG announces new 8K OLED TVs with smart upscaling and AirPlay 2
- Steve Irwin's Family Rescues 90,000th Animal Amidst Australia Wildfires
- Jose blames 'beach ball', VAR absence for draw
- Germany weighs in on US-Iran tension
- Jennifer Aniston And Brad Pitt Reunite At The 2020 Golden Globes
- 'Never threaten the Iranian nation,' Rouhani warns Trump
- Trump, US lawmakers battle over war powers amid Iran tensions
- Air France suspends air travel to Iran, Iraq