Hall County offers a citizens alert service.
The areas at risk included several major Texas cities including Dallas, Houston and Austin.
The storms also unleashed downpours that caused widespread flash flooding.
But there could be brief spin-up tornadoes in this time frame, which develop with little to no advance warning, she said. The timing for storms looks to be roughly between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Winds could gust as high as 60-70 m.p.h. However, no hazardous weather is expected.
Oravec said that hurricane-force wind gusts of about 75 miles per hour (120 kph) hit the southeast.
Up Next: Severe thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes exist Saturday morning, but conditions should improve through Saturday into Sunday.
He added: "We're pretty much right in the crosshairs".
The storm, bringing the threat of ice and snow to the Chicago area, prompted the cancellation of about 1,000 flights Saturday at Chicago's two main airports.
11, tornadoes and damaging winds are predicted to threaten Hall County.
Meteorologists believe such a drastic forecast for the area is issued two to four times each year, on average.
The weather service was using social media Friday to encourage people to be "weather-aware" and avoid traveling in the late afternoon and evening if possible. The Sheriff's Office also said the roof of Benton Middle School was damaged and "that water damage from the sprinkler system has flooded many rooms".
"I ask that all Texans keep those in the storm's path and all of Texas' first responders in their prayers as they deal with the effects of this storm", Abbott said in a statement.
"What we're looking at is a line of storms coming into the area tomorrow evening", Willis said.
More than 40 million people are under flood watch in parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, New York, and Vermont. The heaviest rain will be with the line of thunderstorms, but thanks to the relatively thin nature of the line, the rain will slacken off quickly, reducing the threat for flooding.
- Trump, US lawmakers battle over war powers amid Iran tensions
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Novak Djokovic concerned about bushfire smoke at Australian Open
- Two babies' deaths linked to flu, Douglas County Health Department confirms
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Dean Smith wants to end long trophy wait for Aston Villa
- Jillian Michaels defends criticizing Lizzo's weight, says people should prioritize their health
- Why are Harry and Meghan taking a break? This poll explains