A lot more talent, which is there but we don't know at the moment will come to the fore.
Media reports said that even if the tournament does start after 15 April it was likely to be without fans in the stadium. In India, more than 75 positive cases have been reported so far including one death. "They went to Australia nearly a month before the tournament started, and played a three-match T20I series (tri-series) against the Australians", he said. Another option is to increase of double headers.
The source also confirmed that shifting the tournament overseas was not discussed at all in the meeting.
"As on date, as per the web site of the World Well being Organisation, there was no particular medication or to stop or to deal with the COVID-19", the petitioner stated.
"As much as we want to host the IPL, we also need to be careful about the security", said Ganguly. I don't see anything being decided before the end of the month.
"Our view is that this decision is both necessary and a precaution that had to be taken in the interest of cricket and the sustainability of the game". Clarity will only be in two three weeks.
No foreign player will be available in the league due to the restrictions. "As per the government's directive, they can't come till April 15", a BCCI source was quoted as saying. "So if IPL happens, great if it doesn't happen, so be it", Wadia further added.
The Pakistan Cricket Board says the main concern among the players returning home is to "avoid a potential situation where they might become stranded, either due to flight cancellations or border closures in their own countries". "As things evolve over time, BCCI will call for another meeting", he said.
"Chennai Super Kings practice sessions at M A Chidambaram stadium stands suspended from March 14, considering the present COVID-19 situation", Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) secretary RS Ramasaamy said in a press release. The circumstances are changing and the board doesn't really have control over the situation.
- Dow falls 8.7 percent as U.S. stocks face another rout
- Brazil's Secretary of Communications Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- Russian lawmakers favor reforms that would give Putin 2 more terms
- Coronavirus: Bahrain F1 GP to be held with no spectators
- Donald Trump ‘Not Concerned’ After Bolsonaro Aide Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- E3 Games Industry Expo Cancelled Over Coronavirus Concerns
- Daniele Rugani Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Dow Jones sets record drop after trading was briefly halted on Monday
- National Basketball Association suspends season after Utah Jazz player tests positive for COVID-19
- Turkey condemns deadly Iraq attack on coalition troops