Earlier on Thursday, the conference announced the cancellation of the remainder of the 2020 Men's Basketball Tournament in Nashville. However, at the moment postseason plans across all of college basketball are uncertain.
For swimming & diving, there is typically just one dead period in a calendar year, the Monday to Thursday of the first week of the signing period in November.
The Big Ten Conference announced their tournament is cancelled, effective immediately. The NCAA went a step further, as it canceled all all spring and winter championships.
The Mid-American Conference followed suit, ending play for men's and women's basketball tournament. However, that could very well change with several leagues canceling their tournaments and the National Basketball Association announcing its decision to suspend the season late Wednesday night.
"Following a call with our presidents and athletic directors and additional consultation with the City of NY, the Big East Conference has cancelled the remainder of our men's basketball tournament, effective immediately", the conference said in a statement.
The Big East Conference was the latest to cancel their tournaments.
"Mizzou supports the SEC and NCAA decision to limit spectators at events through the end of the month and will have additional information about this policy in advance of our next home games".
- United Kingdom health minister diagnosed for coronavirus
- Dow falls 8.7 percent as U.S. stocks face another rout
- Allies back Putin as critics denounce 'president for life' plan
- World Health Organization declares coronavirus a pandemic
- Llorente on Atlético Madrid's win over Liverpool at Anfield
- NBA Suspends 2019-20 Season After Jazz Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Suspends in-person classes in response to coronavirus
- Schools across CT close as state allows for shorter school year
- How Did Other Infectious Diseases, Like The COVID-19, End?
- NBA Suspends Season Due to the Coronavirus