On Friday, Mr Dutton tested positive for COVID-19 and is now receiving medical treatment.
The White Home has demanded Trump doesn't need testing, paying little mind to associations with various people who have been revealed to the infection, saying "exclusively people with stretched out shut exposure to affirmed valuable cases should self-isolate".
Donald Trump was not tested despite the fact that he met with Brazillian official who tested positive for COVID-19.
Mr Dutton also met with the Cabinet on Tuesday, where the coronavirus stimulus package was discussed.
The move comes amid conflicting reports over whether Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro, who came into contact with President Trump at the weekend, tested positive.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the lead experts on Trump's coronavirus task force, said on MSNBC Friday that "yes", someone who has been exposed to a person with the virus should isolate themselves and find a test, but would not speak directly about the president's situation.
Dutton also attended a National Security Committee meeting on Thursday, however he appeared via video link and posed no threat to others.
U.S. actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are in Queensland after being tested positive for the virus.
Dutton's confirmation comes a day after Hollywood superstar Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson, who were now in Australia for a shoot, announced that they had been infected, the BBC reported.
Former Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce called for parliament to be held remotely after Mr Dutton's diagnosis.
The teams were seen deep cleaning offices in Sydney, despite the government insisting Mr Dutton had not been contagious during meetings this week.
The total number of deaths is more than 4,600.
- Robert Downey Jr gives us a sneak peak of OnePlus 8 Pro
- NE Ontario's first COVID-19 patient was at PDAC convention
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- BCCI Suspends IPL 2020 for Coronavirus
- New Collective Bargaining Agreement approved by National Football League players
- Viking Cruises temporarily halts all voyages amid coronavirus pandemic
- US Federal Reserve cuts US rates to near zero
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Saudi Aramco yearly profits down 20.6 percent