"We're going to get through this", the Nets forward said.
Of the four Nets players who tested positive, three were asymptomatic and one showed symptoms of coronavirus. After the game in Los Angeles, Brooklyn travelled to San Francisco where a game against the Golden State Warriors originally scheduled for last Thursday was ultimately postponed. The other three names have not yet been revealed and only one is now displaying symptoms. The Nets have advised all players and members of their traveling party to "remain isolated, closely monitor their health and maintain constant communication" with medical staff, according to a statement.
Just as rumors began to swirl that National Basketball Association superstar Kevin Durant might take the court should the National Basketball Association end its unprecedented suspension, the all-world forward has announced that he has contracted the very virus that instigated the postponement of the 2020 season. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia.
"We wish them a speedy recovery", de Blasio tweeted.
"All four players are presently isolated and under the care of team physicians", the team said in a statement posted by multiple reporters. "Tests should not be for the wealthy, but for the sick".
The names of the other three players are not known at the moment, with Durant presumably choosing to go public with his identity as a way to send a word of precaution to others around the world.
As of Wednesday morning, nearly 6,500 cases have been reported in the US, with 114 deaths and 17 people recovered, according to Johns Hopkins University which has been tracking the outbreak using combined data sources. Once the league took steps to address the threat of coronavirus, it asked teams to contact an infectious disease specialist and have a process in place for testing their players should the need arise. The Nets beat the Lakers while Durant sat on the bench with his teammates.
We will never get exhausted of hearing Michael Jordan stories like this.
The Athletic's report stated Durant has "not had symptoms", though all Nets players are now isolating.
- Russian court backs Putin presidential 'reset' plan
- Slippery Rock University Suspends Face-To-Face Classes For Spring Semester
- How the new CBA impacts the Redskins in 2020 and beyond
- Wall Street trading halted after deep losses
- Trump defends referring to coronavirus as 'the Chinese virus'
- Coronavirus outbreak: 'This is not a provincial shutdown', Ford says
- First coronavirus vaccine trials begin in humans
- US Fed slashes benchmark interest rate, eases lending rules amid coronavirus
- Europe becomes epicenter of coronavirus pandemic: World Health Organization chief
- Israel's president to tap Netanyahu rival Gantz to form government -statement