I have N95 masks. If you have masks - perhaps left over from fire season - how can you donate them? Nationwide, at least 35,224 people have tested positive for covid-19 and there have been 471 deaths, with those numbers expected to increase sharply in the coming week.
The move comes at a time when countries have rushed to protect their supply of masks as panic buying, hoarding and theft has spread over fears of the deadly coronavirus epidemic, with global health officials warning that stocks of protective gear were rapidly dwindling.
- Painters: The masks do not protect against paint fumes, but are used as dust masks during sanding. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends these masks, or masks of an equivalent standard, for health-care workers caring for COVID-19 patients. "Despite the close proximity of Hong Kong and Taiwan with mainland China, we have been having very small number of cases so far".
If youve got a sewing machine, this is one way you may be able to help out. She began organizing friends to make masks after learning her daughter, a nurse at a suburban Detroit hospital, was told to wear the same mask all day. "We're just in the house and doing whatever we can do to make a difference really-to help people".
- Companies in wildfire zones: The masks can filter out smoke from fires, and some companies have purchased them en masse to prepare for wildfire season. Multiple hospitals are asking for as many as they can get for both frontline medical staff & patients. I hope you're all staying healthy and safe! Of these cases, 591 have resulted in death, with NY having the highest number of confirmed cases, as the graphic provided by Statista shows below.
Then, there are respirators, commonly used by construction workers, but also used by doctors seeing patients who potentially have COVID-19. The company creates these masks obtainable in its Aberdeen, S.D., plant.
3M chairman and CEO Mike Roman said Monday he isn't happy to find out 3M N95 respirator masks needed by healthcare workers are still being sold at some retail stores such a Target in Seattle.
There's a rising concern for health care professionals across the country and nurses got the news this weekend they can not wear donated N95 masks. 3M lived-up its word about production.
- Can Chloroquine Prevent or Cure COVID-19?
- Kenny Rogers dies at 81 after a decorated country music career
- Country legend Kenny Rogers dies at 81
- COVID-19: New Zealand to move to lockdown in 48 hours
- Australia to close all pubs, restaurants, place of worship
- Coronavirus: WHO Launches Health Alert Via WhatsApp
- Olympic Committee board member calls for postponement of Tokyo games
- Google launches coronavirus website
- Sen. Loeffler Denies Insider Trading, 2020 Opponent Rep. Collins ‘Sickened’
- New York Orders All Workers at Non-Essential Businesses to Stay Home