It retains the familiar neckband style design we saw on the Wireless 2 while offering improved battery life, new colors, and faster connectivity. However, one device that was missing from the lineup is the much-anticipated OnePlus Z a.k.a. OnePlus 8 Lite.
And considering how well OnePlus makes its latest and greatest Android 10-based OxygenOS run on 2-year-old phones with less capable processors (and less RAM), I have zero worries about how real-world performance would stack up on a Snapdragon 765. All this means that the prices of the device will also go up drastically and that is exactly the case because the OnePlus 8 Pro starts at $899 and goes up to $999 for the top-end variant.
The OnePlus 8 series is definitely a significant upgrade with 5G support and massive battery capacity from its former OnePlus 7 series.
As always, the phones will be powered by Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon platform. Well, the Warp Charge 30 wireless charger will anyways be redundant with the device since it still does not support wireless charging. OnePlus is additionally touting highlights from past ages of its wireless earphones, for example, Magnetic Control, Quick Pair, and Quick Switch.
The device also uses an Omni-directional PDAF lens for autofocus compared to the normal PDAF in others like the Huawei P40 Pro and the Mi 10 Pro. Around back, there's a quad-camera array with standard, ultra-wide, telephoto, and color filter sensors.
And when you consider that the OnePlus 8 Pro costs $500 less than the Galaxy S20 Ultra and $300 less than the Galaxy S20 Plus, the $65 investment for the Warp Charge 30 Wireless is a drop in the bucket. The OnePlus 8 is also almost identical to the 8 Pro, with a few differences, such as the camera.
The OnePlus 8 is paired only with free headphones, as the cheapest phone does not support wireless charging. This is gone. Both the 8 and 8 Pro have a 16-megapixel selfie camera that sits above the screen, just like Samsung's Galaxy phones.
Only the 8 Pro has wireless charging, but the company has introduced its own wireless charger that delivers 30W of charging power.
The 8GB/128GB version of the OnePlus 8 is £699, while the 8GB/128GB OnePlus 8 Pro is £100 more at £799.
As for the cameras, the regular OnePlus 8 features a triple camera system with 48MP, 16MP, and 2MP sensors.
- NY governor extends shutdown until May 15
- 6 staff members test positive for coronavirus at West Haldimand General Hospital
- 3 potential coronavirus vaccines showing promise in early tests
- Search for a COVID-19 vaccine heats up in China, US
- Thailand reports 30 new coronavirus cases, two new deaths
- Moderna to get federal funding for coronavirus vaccine effort
- Elizabeth Warren Endorses Biden for President
- New York makes wearing mask compulsory in busy public places
- The latest developments on COVID-19 in Canada
- How to apply for a stimulus payment via direct deposit through IRS