There have been 22,614 virus deaths in France since the start of March.
The deaths were recorded in the 24 hours up to 8.30pm (0030 GMT today), bringing the overall coronavirus death toll in the United States to 49,759, according to the Baltimore-based university.
The number also puts Turkey ahead of China, which previously had the most confirmed coronavirus cases outside of Europe and the United States.
Confirmed cases of the virus in the USA total almost 900,000.
Australia has 6,687 confirmed cases with 79 deaths while New Zealand has 1,117 cases with 13 deaths.
America has seen more than 886,000 total cases of COVID-19.
According to Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, a model routinely used by the White House, the U.S.is past the point of peak resource use and daily death count.
"President Trump has repeatedly said that Americans should consult with medical doctors regarding coronavirus treatment, a point that he emphasized again during yesterday's briefing", McEnany said in a statement.
Daily death toll in the United States due to the deadly novel coronavirus fell drastically as the country recorded 1,258 casualties on Friday, its lowest 24-hour death toll, after almost three weeks.
The US now accounts for the highest number of fatalities at 53,755.
- UK Prime Minister Johnson to return to work Monday
- Another 140K file for unemployment in NJ, now 858K in 5 weeks
- North Korean leader rumored to be dead after botched heart surgery
- White House aiming for Trump pivot from virus to economy
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Top smartphones for gaming
- New SBA Guidelines on Emergency Aid Package Help Horse Industry
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Lysol maker urges people not to inject disinfectants after Trump claims
- Prince Louis Pictures Released To Mark His Second Birthday